free hit
counters
turbo exhaust solenoid - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
starbuck

turbo exhaust solenoid

Hi to all. i have a esprit turbo 2.2 se. yesterday i saw smoke coming from the electrical panel, just in front of the engine. The smoke was comming from the solenoid to the left on the row of three. It was starting to melt..! Have been told this is the turbo exhaust solenoid.. is this correct...?

Is it just a case of replacing the solenoid...or is there going to be more to this than that...!

Is there a solenoid from a donor car that will work, or do i need one from lotus..?

Any advice at all on this would be appreciated

thanks...starbuck

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
Hi to all. i have a esprit turbo 2.2 se. yesterday i saw smoke coming from the electrical panel, just in front of the engine. The smoke was comming from the solenoid to the left on the row of three. It was starting to melt..! Have been told this is the turbo exhaust solenoid.. is this correct...?

Is it just a case of replacing the solenoid...or is there going to be more to this than that...!

Is there a solenoid from a donor car that will work, or do i need one from lotus..?

thanks...starbuck

From your desciption (i take it you are on about the top row?) if so its your radiator control relay,if its the bottom set then yes it looks like your wastegate solenoid ,the parts list download on LEW(if your a member)will give you an exact referance .

Cheers

Nick S4s

Simplest things first.

Hi,

If you are talking about the solenoid most far on left side, then it is the wastegate-solenoid.

Please remove the connector and check the solenoid or renew it. Of course you should also check the wiring comming from the ECU to the solenoid. I hope your ECU did not suffer.

Cheers

Marcus

thanks...starbuck

Edited by Paula&Marcus

Marcus

From your desciption (i take it you are on about the top row?) if so its your radiator control relay,if its the bottom set then yes it looks like your wastegate solenoid ,the parts list download on LEW(if your a member)will give you an exact referance .

Cheers

Nick S4s

Sorry to, nick, marcus, and anyone else kind enough to reply. I put solenoid to the left. But as you look at the top row, there are three solenoids, and its the solenoid on the far right that is the faulty one.