free hit
counters
Wideband O2 inplace of Stock O2 - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Drfatz

Wideband O2 inplace of Stock O2

Does anyone know if you can replace your stock O2 sensor with a wideband unit? I know some wideband O2 sensors have the ability to simulate a 0-1 volt sensor so that you can hook it into the ECU and a wideband gauge. Has anyone done this on their Esprit? The reason I ask is I don't have the tools at hand to weld in a bung and I don't feel like having it trailerd to an exhaust shop (she is not road legal yet).

- Graham

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You must be thinking of the Innovative Technology stuff. It is not the wideband O2 sensor which is giving 0-1V swings is it the post electronic processing of the data. I have looked at this, I have not done it but given out sensitive our ECU is to the right O2 sensor voltage response I have contemplated it.

I have put a 2nd port in for a wideband sensor, it is the only proper way to do it.

Dermot

Hi All,

How about using the additional plugged exhaust-pressure-measuring-thread (which is already there next to the OEM O2-sensor) for the wideband sensor ?

Cheers

Marcus

Marcus

I would use the second port, but I had a custom exhaust built several months ago and of course they forgot to put in a second port. I guess the only solution is to install another port sometime in the future.

I've used the Innovate LM-1 system for a couple of years now. It has replaced the stock narrow band sensor using the emulator in the control (LM-1) unit. The test port, as is, is too small for an O2 sensor.

I've found it neccessary to use the Innovate extension to keep the wide band sensor from overheating 'tho.

I've used the Innovate LM-1 system for a couple of years now. It has replaced the stock narrow band sensor using the emulator in the control (LM-1) unit. The test port, as is, is too small for an O2 sensor.

I've found it neccessary to use the Innovate extension to keep the wide band sensor from overheating 'tho.

Have you noticed any change in proformance side using the LM-1 to emulate a narrow band?

Er???????? :harhar:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I drilled out the exhaust pressure hole and tapped it with the right thread tap for the wideband and installed my Wideband and LM-1... Here's a pic of the exhaust pressure bolt that I removed and re-drilled+tapped.

The exhaust pressure bolt is located just above the dial guage in the picture.

post-3007-1204694815.jpg

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

That is a fine looking engine bay, isn't it Mark?

It sure is John!

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.