free hit
counters
Help....lost key and alarm button - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rgardner01

Help....lost key and alarm button

Ok...its been a long winter, clearly way tooo long. I have torn apart my house, garage, blundered my neighbors and still I can not locate my only ignition key and alarm button. Please please please tell me its some what easy to get a new key and alarm fob. I only had the one set when I got the car so now thats its gone I have huge paper weight in my garage.

What steps do i need to take to get a replacement key and Cobra Alarm Key fob that matches my cars alarm???

Do I dare ask cost....ughhhh

Thanks

Edited by Rgardner01

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm sure that with the chassis number (and of course proof of ownership!) the key at least is available from Lotus. There must also be a way to replace the Cobra fob, did you not get spares of each?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

You're potentially looking at two new fobs, two new cylindrical disablers, two new keys and two new door locks. Plus reprogramming your alarm. Serious

Edited by neal

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

I live in terror of losing my key and fob. The previous owner didn't have spares when I bought the car. The local Lotus dealer doesn't have blanks for the Esprit anymore. I jsut take every precaution I can to not lose either.

I too only have one set of key and fob. I have been looking to have a second set made, but don't know where to get a blank and another fob. I know someone on here started making a custom set blanks, but don't know if he ever finished them. I am quite interested in getting 2 of those.

Well I found mine. Behind some paint cans...who knows why or what I was thinking when I left it there. But even with my one set I still would like to get a spare key. Problem is even if you get a key you need the alarm fob too.