free hit
counters
02 driver window - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kmcmouse

02 driver window

The driver side window will not go up. I had the problem of intermittent operation but I thought it was the switch as if I switched it several times the window would close. Now it will not close at all. I have removed the door panel and the relay clicks when the switch it operated but not joy at the window. I cannot see the motor. I wonder if it went down to far and has exceeded the travel of the lioft devise??? Any suggestions are welcomed!!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Have you had the battery disconnected recently?

iirc the windows have a

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

I had the same issue recently with my 2002 V8.. Drivers window would only operate intermittently. I replaced both relays in the door. Problem solved. You will find the relays behind the door panel attached with a zip tie. I purchased new ones from JAE in California.

I had the same issue recently with my 2002 V8.. Drivers window would only operate intermittently. I replaced both relays in the door. Problem solved. You will find the relays behind the door panel attached with a zip tie. I purchased new ones from JAE in California.

I have the door apart and swapped the relays with no change in performance. I notice the driver window was lower than the other when in the lowered position. I manually pulled up on the driver window and got it to move again but it seems to dislike being lowered so much. I cannot find a stop or limiter???? I live in Florida so I am almost ready to leave it down and just drive...............But I would like to have everything working as it should!