free hit
counters
Wanted Piston Assembly 88 esprit engine - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
axelman001

Wanted Piston Assembly 88 esprit engine

First time poster here. Just bought an 88 esprit and finished clutch update to to have a noise coming and going in engine . Car just had head work and belt done about 200 miles beforehand from previous. Found number three piston cracked on top no liner damage, any feedback on cause? Also looking for a good used piston or a new liner setup . Any help appreciated

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have used pistons, but..... I had broken rings, so I'm not sure of the condition of the ring lands. As for your liners, you can get them re-done for $500 as I recall (I just had mine done and I've forgotten the exact total). If you want to get new custom pistons made, I can have that done for you too for about $600 I think.

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

I have used pistons and liners for you if you are interested.

i replaced all the liners and pistons in my engine (88 US Spec), how many do you want?

will sell em cheap for ya, happy to help fellow 88 owner.

Mine are genuine Mahle not cast iron or rubbish replicas

Justin

"Laugh" and the world laughs with you - "Cry" and you just wet your face...