free hit
counters
Lotus to show 2 new Europa variants - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lotus to show 2 new Europa variants

guys and girls. Lotus have unveiled 2 new variants of the Europa. A base model at

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oooOOO im liking the interior,,,,,and as on the other post KIMBERS NO THERE NOT!!!! the rims need to be more aggreasive and deep dish or like the lambo/skyline rims, where there flat but go in, in the centre.

nice car though, still a tad high for my liking

(just noticed 17"s & 18"s errr 19's and 18's would be alot better on the looks and not too "modded" looking,

you know im correct honda boy)

Edited by karluk29

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Kimbers - great news about the Europa models :cry: I've been a fan since I drove one at the factory - lets hope this gives sales a boost.

Who writes the press releases? Both the slightly abbreviated quote used above and the full press release on the Lotus website could do with a tidy-up. There's a lot of missing punctuation, combined with some poor phrasing, that subtly obstructs the flow. There are even a couple of schoolboy errors, like "luxurious tactile feel" - that's like saying it has a "luxurious tasty taste". There appears to be a lack of consistency as regards concatenation or hyphenation of certain multi-word terms, such as "body work" (cf. the more common "bodywork"), "underbody" (cf. the more gramatically correct "under-body"), and a curious rendering of turbocharger as "turbo charger".

However, the one fundamental error I cannot forgive is the mis-placed apostrophe, slap-bang in the middle of the product name, in the very title of the press release:

Group Lotus plc unveils a new updated and significantly enhanced range of Europa

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Well I really like it. I think, that with the extra horses and better designed interior etc, that it should really be a hit. (just ignore Karls comment he wants it to look like a Nova :harhar: )

Nice to see that you like it though Karl.

White is the new Silver guys, remember you heard it here!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I really like that. Drove one on the Factory Day, loved it, too expensive though, for the money at the time, I would have had a Exige or Elise. At this new price looks superb!

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

White is the new Silver guys, remember you heard it here!!

heard this already Kimbers but its a good shout

there's a bunch of new motorbikes in white for 2008 - Blade, 848, GSX-R1000.

not that thats gong to convince Karl tho... :P

Europa looks good - echo the interior comments

Edited by CharlieC

Dan -- THANK YOU for calling attention to the misplaced apostrophe. I can't stand when people incorrectly use it to pluralize a noun ending with a vowel.

As for the Europa, the new seats are sweet. B) The exterior bits I could take or leave -- no better than the original, IMHO. I think the front and rear need to be completely restyled. The car has decent proportions, but the ends look like a cheap Mitsubishi.

I agree with the comment that the wheels should be dished, not high-offset. It would give it a more GT-esque look.

I appreciate that Lotus are working some details into the design -- some good physical detail goes a long way in making a car look and feel expensive. But I think with the Europa in these photos, they are kind of hodge-podge; the wheels have a turbine look, the grilles have a ricer/tuner look, and there is no overall recurring theme of the many lines and creases created by the details (wheels, grille, front and rear fascias, tail lights overall lines of the body, etc.).

It still looks like a nice car, and I'd still take one over an Elise (I'd be complaining right now that they do not sell it stateside, except I'd probably buy a used one anyway).

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

As for the Europa, the new seats are sweet. B) The exterior bits I could take or leave -- no better than the original, IMHO. I think the front and rear need to be completely restyled. The car has decent proportions, but the ends look like a cheap Mitsubishi.

I agree with the comment that the wheels should be dished, not high-offset. It would give it a more GT-esque look.

I appreciate that Lotus are working some details into the design -- some good physical detail goes a long way in making a car look and feel expensive. But I think with the Europa in these photos, they are kind of hodge-podge; the wheels have a turbine look, the grilles have a ricer/tuner look, and there is no overall recurring theme of the many lines and creases created by the details (wheels, grille, front and rear fascias, tail lights overall lines of the body, etc.).

Can only agree with that, restyle the lights front & rear and it will make a real difference. I hoop the Eagle will be much better than that.

Jean

Dan, would it help you to know that it's called Europa S?

Thanks GKP - but it still doesn't explain the original mis-placed apostrophe on the press release on Lotus' website :P

I took this announcement to mean that there was now a three variant line-up: Europa, Europa S (the existing cars), and Europa SE, hence Europas would be the non-specific plural.

One Europa S, two Europa Ss, three Europa Ss, four Europa Ss... clumsy, but functional and correct. Still no apostrophe in sight, until we want to describe something that one Europa S possesses, e.g.

"The Europa S's mid-mounted turbocharged engine..."

The possessive of multiple Europa Ss would of course then become Europa Ss', just like "three months' notice", as in

"Seven Europa Ss' satisfied owners"

which is a bit contrived, but illustrates the point. "The owners of seven Europa Ss" would be a less cumbersome phrasing.

:P

Edited by Dan

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

As a group we like it, don't like it, like the new one, drove the old one etc,

I've not seen any on the road, i should have seen one by now surely. I've

heard daft sounding sales figures. I'm wondering how many are out there now,

i thought this would be a big seller that would make not so lucrative projects

(like an Esprit) possible, but spot one i cannot.

How many have actually been sold?

I've not seen any on the road, I should have seen one by now surely?

Rare as hens' teeth although hopefully to become a more regular sight now the price issue has been addressed.

PS I've done my best with the apostrophic chicken but if it's wrong don't call us, we'll call you.....

Can only agree with that, restyle the lights front & rear and it will make a real difference. I hoop the Eagle will be much better than that.

Jean

Jean and Tony, I'm interested to know whether either of you have seen the Europa S in the flesh?

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

Jean and Tony, I'm interested to know whether either of you have seen the Europa S in the flesh?

No, I haven't. I already said I like the overall proportions of the car; but a Mitsubishi rip-off front and rear fascia will be a Mitsubishi rip-off in the flesh or in photo. And details that don't go together in 2D still don't go together in 3D. Seeing a car in the flesh gives you the dimension that a flat screen can't, but that reveals shape and porportions, not details. No matter how you swing it, the front end is straight out of The Fast and the Furious, and the wire mesh grille is straight out of an aftermarket "bling" catalog for Cadillac owners.

I think the round tail lights on the late Esprit V8 don't fit the car, either. I saw them in photograph before I saw them in person. They still don't fit in person.

Please note that I did say I would buy a Europa if it were available here (used...)! I like the Europa-- more than the Elise both in looks and in purpose -- but as far as the fascias and details go, I think they went from missing the mark with the original to missing the mark with the restyle. It's no Esprit . . . . :P

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE