free hit
counters
March Madness (Sunday 30th) - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Backmarker

March Madness (Sunday 30th)

As per normal, the Squadron will be making a sortie over to Donington for the Club Lotus festival on Sunday the 30th March.

Because we need to be there early (car parking!) the plan is to leave jct 15 of the M6 at around 8am and take the A50 dual carriageway all the way to our destination. Boring but quick...............more time for bacon butties

Some of the more southerly contingent have indicated they will be taking the A38 instead (equally as boring) and will be meeting us there.

If there is demand, we'll use jct 14 instead and enjoy the twisties like last year :P

Please add your name below if you can make this one:

DON'T FORGET THIS IS BST NOT GMT...........ADJUST YOUR CLOCKS BEFORE GOING TO BED!

1. Backmarker

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

1. Backmarker

2. Howard

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

I`ll be there, hoping to have the Esprit mobile,if not will use other car park.

Got to go to pay my dues.

Trevor

logo_01-2.jpg

I hope to be there in the S1 but I have found play in my steering rack so want to change that before Donnington.

logo_01-2.jpg

Hope you can get things sorted before Donington Ian.

Could you guys from Kidderminster/Cannock post your plans (route/timings) because IanG from Bromsgrove is interested in joining a convoy.

Cheers,

Graham.

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

I got a PM from a newish member today called Ian who lives very near Mattey's. He was asking me if I was going to Donny on the Sunday. Now it seems a bit daft Dave Barney, Ian and myself coming all the way up to Stoke to go across to Donny when the M42 is much quicker, if a bit boring, so I was going to arrange to meet with the other southern lads and any Southwast boys at the services near J2 on the M42. Comments suggestions are welcome.

Thanks Ade,

Ian is the same Ian referred to in my last post. As this is his first time out with NMEG, I trust you'll look after him well B)

I've posted elsewhere (Simon's thread) that I'd like a short NMEG meeting over coffee at about 10.30am at Donington so we can discuss the events for the rest of the year. Hope this is ok...............if no bugger turns up, I'll have to accept that it wasn't ok.

I know Dave While (Oneshot) was talking of going up the A38 rather than coming up to Stoke so no doubt you lot can organise yourselves and meet us real "Northerners" at the show :X

See ya there,

Graham.

1. Backmarker

2. Howard

3. David

Presume its the Holiday Inn Hotel again at Jn 15.

Thanks Ade,

Ian is the same Ian referred to in my last post. As this is his first time out with NMEG, I trust you'll look after him well B)

I've posted elsewhere (Simon's thread) that I'd like a short NMEG meeting over coffee at about 10.30am at Donington so we can discuss the events for the rest of the year. Hope this is ok...............if no bugger turns up, I'll have to accept that it wasn't ok.

I know Dave While (Oneshot) was talking of going up the A38 rather than coming up to Stoke so no doubt you lot can organise yourselves and meet us real "Northerners" at the show :X

See ya there,

Graham.

Dont worry Graham I will look after Ian as if he is my own son, and soon we will have him flying with the full Squadron. I am looking to get us to Donny earlyish cuz of parking so the 10.30 meet is ok. See ya there.

Thanks Ade.

I'm aiming to be Donington for 9am because after that parking can be a problem.

David,

It'll either be the hotel car park or the lay-by on the A500. Not sure yet. Depends on numbers. Will confirm before the big day. Be good to see you and yours again.

Graham.

;) Have a nice time Guys :)

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Dave,

You not crying off again are you ? It's about time you got yourself along to a 2008 NMEG meet.

See you soon matey.

Graham.

cant you get a week end pass? not that far is it? Canada to donny less than a foot on my globe..........

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Just to say I've got a recon steeribg rack just got to fit before sunday and get it re tracked so fingers crossed I will be there

logo_01-2.jpg

Great news Ian. Fingers crossed for you here too.

Will you be joining the Northern contingent at jct 15 M6 or travelling with the Southern jessies up the A38 :thumbsup:

See you Sunday,

Graham.

Bad news the recon rack i got is the wrong 1 :thumbsup: its off a S3 ( mounting points are in different places )

so back on the phone in the morning to Lotusbits.com see if he has the right 1.

fingers crossed

Edited by ian heighway

logo_01-2.jpg

Simon,

Lets aim to be on our way at 8am.

Good luck Ian

It looking very bad for the S1 cant get a rack in time :( . I'm going to see if I can patch it up for the weekend.

If not looks like it will have to be the Vectra unless Dodgy wants me to take his car.

logo_01-2.jpg

Think you will find that Dodgy's car is a bit sick at the moment. He was supposed to have dropped it off to me before he went to garage it for him but he had a problem with the oil cooler and I think it is on stands at the moment.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Update on the steering rack using my engineering skill I think I've managed to adjust the play out of the track rods rack now feels good will re-fit it in the morning so things are now looking good. :(

logo_01-2.jpg

OK Northern Contingent

Me

Howard

Simon

Trevor

David

Alex (maybe)

Phil (maybe)

Plan is to be Donington in time to park, i.e. 9am

So, lets leave jct 15 M6 at 8am and cruise the A50 all the way. Should do it easy.

Because the Squadron will be flying in from two departure points, the Northern Contingent can now meet on the lay-by on the A500. Leave M6 at jct 15. 2nd exit at roundabout and lay-by immediately on the left.

See you all there about 7.45ish

Graham.

Edited by Backmarker

In the car park by the Exhibition Centre initially, before digging deep into our pockets to buy bacon sandwiches, cups of tea and perhaps a ticket to get into the "show"

See you there,

Graham.

Sign in to follow this