free hit
counters
Gearchange cable - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sephyr

Gearchange cable

Today my gearchange cable snapped, and I had to limp back home in 3rd gear... I would (of course) like to get my car back on the road again as soon as possible. I guess Lotus didn't manufacture the cables themselves, so does anyone know which car/manufacturer Lotus have "borrowed" this from? Hopefully this might be easier available in Norway, so I don't have to wait 3 weeks for parts from UK...

The original partnumber is A082F6359J, up to '93MY non-USA

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
Today my gearchange cable snapped, and I had to limp back home in 3rd gear... I would (of course) like to get my car back on the road again as soon as possible. I guess Lotus didn't manufacture the cables themselves, so does anyone know which car/manufacturer Lotus have "borrowed" this from? Hopefully this might be easier available in Norway, so I don't have to wait 3 weeks for parts from UK...

The original partnumber is A082F6359J, up to '93MY non-USA

Hi, mine seized up recently and I had to have new one from Lotus... according to my garage it took them 3 attempts to get the right ones for a 1990 Lotus Esprit Turbo SE... so be warned there maybe more than one size/type.

Sorry to hear about your gear change problems, I've still got 2 gear change cables doing nothing, but unfortunately they are for the 93 onwards S4 so I don't think they'll fit yours. :)

Jez

Mean Green S4s

I think therefore I am - Descartes

I'm pink therefore I'm spam - Eric Idle

Thanks for reply...

I'd be most happy to buy a new, but that will be stopped in the customs for tax & stuff, which will delay the delivery AT LEAST two weeks.. :crybaby:

Does anyone have one spare which is in good condition, I can pay by Paypal, and the seller can put a low value on the package (less than

Thanks for reply...

I'd be most happy to buy a new, but that will be stopped in the customs for tax & stuff, which will delay the delivery AT LEAST two weeks.. :crybaby:

Does anyone have one spare which is in good condition, I can pay by Paypal, and the seller can put a low value on the package (less than