free hit
counters
Anyone Know - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Anyone Know

lrg_machine

Anyone know where the rear connection for freescan is on an S4s

I've found the front one, in the passenger footwell, but can't see the rear one.

I've looked all around the engine bay also near the bank of relays by the vac pump ( which is where i expected it to be ) and under the carpeted bit the ECU sits under, but no joy :)

Jez

Mean Green S4s

I think therefore I am - Descartes

I'm pink therefore I'm spam - Eric Idle

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you're dead right, thanks Simon.

That's where I expected it to be and eventually found it tucked in right behind the relay / fuse bank.

Although, still couldn't get freescan working, looks like I may have to buy one of the Serial --> USB port adaptors on LEW.

I'm getting lots of chatter on the COM port but nothing on any of the freescan tabs. and I've tried most variations on port settings.

Edited by lrg_machine

Jez

Mean Green S4s

Paul

I am :)

but my laptop only has USB ports, I've got a converter but cant get any communication between car and PC :)

The LED on the cable board is flashing, and the freescan port log shows lots of transfered bytes, but no joy.

Jez

Mean Green S4s

P.S.

It's weird.

When driving the CEL is illuminating for about 10 seconds then goes out, then 2-3 miles down the road the light comes on waits 10 secs then goes out again and so on.

I found a broken pipe connector on the MAP sensor and replaced that, found another vacuum leak and fixed that, ( which has lowered the idle speed ????? )

but I need to get freescan going so that I can find out what code is causing the CEL to come on.

Jez

Mean Green S4s

Reason i ask, is the PCB on the lead has a moveable link that

bridges two of three pins. I have no idea the function of this and

that lead has been passed about a bit, so check that is correct

with another whiticker lead.

Are you selecting the 'force data' tab?.

:)

Are you selecting the 'force data' tab?.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup !

tried nost configurations and port settings, baud rates, chocolate bars, wines, and even got my cat to have a look......... lot of good she was !!!!!

Jez

Mean Green S4s

Yup !

tried nost configurations and port settings, baud rates, chocolate bars, wines, and even got my cat to have a look......... lot of good she was !!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Midnight. has to be midnight if you are doing the cat thing, and near a churchyard.

Side from that, i can't help. Why not buy an old IBM thinkpad off Ebay? they must

be cheap now and have the right plug. Saves having an expensive laptop in the

engine bay, and they are pretty robust too.

Ram Pack problems?! :)

Ok... I redily admit, not being cursed with an ECU I don't know a huge anount but I do recall Dermot saying somethign about potential USB problems and that this was why he has been looking into a specific (now available) USB connector?

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

I found a broken pipe connector on the MAP sensor and replaced that, found another vacuum leak and fixed that, ( which has lowered the idle speed ????? )

I'm guessing that this is the vacuum pipe to the throttle jack actuator. With no vacuum, the throttle jack is engaged which increases the revs - it's to counter act the reduced zorst gas flow when the EBPV is closed.

Ian

Ian

That he did. I am also having loads of problems with getting freescan to work. I've tried 2 interfaces and 2 different computers with and without USB/serial convertors, I get the exact same results of no communication...tried just abaout every setting on the ports as well.

I need some time to get the car, interface and a scope (to check the data signal) together for a few hours and see exactly whats going on. I know the usb / serial convertor I have works but it was a bit glitchy when I used it on the V8.

It's finding a serial port equipped laptop thats the problem, we have one at work but I can't borrow it...If I had a Nissan Micra it wouldn't be an issue. Might piece back my old P75 desktop computer to do the job.....if I get anywhere I'll let you know.

facebook = [email protected]

I'm guessing that this is the vacuum pipe to the throttle jack actuator.  With no vacuum, the throttle jack is engaged which increases the revs - it's to counter act the reduced zorst gas flow when the EBPV is closed.

Ian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope, I'd already removed the throttle jack and EBPV connections.

This leak was coming from the heater connnection under the dash.

The ECU must sense the vac pump is running more than it should and think there's a vac problem as so increase revs. That's the only reason I can think of.

Jez

Mean Green S4s

That he did.  I am also having loads of problems with getting freescan to work.  I've tried 2 interfaces and 2 different computers with and without USB/serial convertors, I get the exact same results of no communication...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jon

I am getting some communication, with the freescan status window open I can see whats being sent, but freescan just see's

Header not found....... invalid message etc.

Jez

Mean Green S4s

Hi Jez

sorry I can't help now, but if you can wait until the 8th @ the Oulton park I will bring my USB laptop, serial ported laptop, USB lead, and my homemade interface.

I could send you my known to be working USB/serial lead (part number Keyspan USA-19QW), but by the time we have sorted postage out it might be cheaper to buy one outright.

Let me know,

Glyn

but my laptop only has USB ports, I've got a converter but cant get any communication between car and PC  :)

The LED on the cable board is flashing, and the freescan port log shows lots of transfered bytes, but no joy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jez, we tried my setup at Steve's house tonight and my Loptip which is USB only was getting the same results with the same error message - 99% sure it is the usb-serial convertor cus the whole arangement worked fine on Steves laptop with the serial port. Gonna move my old desktop to the garage anyways so I will use that to talk to the car, however I might buy a new USB convertor in time from the LEW page - if you try it in the meantime let us know if it works !

facebook = [email protected]