free hit
counters
Rear window heater mount - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
deverett

Rear window heater mount

Finally got my Esprit back today, new exhaust system fitted and carbs restored. It's running great just need to sort out a bit of stickiness in the accelerator cable.

I got a bit aealous with cleaning ithe inside of the rear window and brok off the heater strip connector, I'm thinking I can use a condusctive glue to refix it but wanted to check if anyone has a better solution. The heater strips are still bonded to the glass, it's just the connector block that has broken off.

I could also use some advice regarding the accelerator cable. I was planning to chuck graphite into it until it ran free (can't see any kinks).

Oh yeah, I bought a Carbtune, but the tube spigots don't screw into my carb, do I need different fittings or is there a trick to this?

Dave Everett

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Dave,

You are worrying about a heated rear screen down under???

I'd glue it back in place and use some conductive silver paint.

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Hi Dave,

You are worrying about a heated rear screen down under???

:)

I noticed a slight chill last night when the mercury dipped below 27degC

Dave Everett

Got the same problem with mine. Many years ago, Halfords and co used to sell kits to repair the connections because they used to be more fragile than they are now (hence our problems) but when I looked a couple of years ago, I couldn't find any.

It's not that you might need it. It's that something isn't working. That's why it needs fixing.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Hi Dave,

The carbtune should have 8 spigots - 4 with a fine thread and 4 with a coarse thread. You need the fine threaded ones to fit the dellortos!

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009