free hit
counters
Need v8 ECU - ECU/OBDII - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Need v8 ECU

actwon

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nathan one of my mates here in NZ just had this happen a few months ago to his 2000V8. He tried all the options of getting it fixed locally and off shore and ended up getting one out from PUK.

More to the point you need to get to the source of the problem so it doesnt happen again. $$$ In regards to his problem it was traced to the coils burning out his ECU and possible O2 sensor cable shorting out, could be many probelms though. I plan on doing preventative maintenence on this soon.

Good luck.

Edited by kyliesmith.com
350.gifNo.23

Nathan one of my mates here in NZ just had this happen a few months ago to his 2000V8. He tried all the options of getting it fixed locally and off shore and ended up getting one out from PUK.

More to the point you need to get to the source of the problem so it doesnt happen again. $$$ In regards to his problem it was traced to the coils burning out his ECU. I plan on doing preventative maintenence on this soon.

Good luck.

Coils, huh??? That's very interesting. I'll take a look at mine.

Thanks

actwon

------

'14 Nike Shox

'12 Range Rover Sport

'01 Esprit V8

'95 Ducati 916

More to the point you need to get to the source of the problem so it doesnt happen again. $$$ In regards to his problem it was traced to the coils burning out his ECU. I plan on doing preventative maintenence on this soon.

Good luck.

I owned so many cars (mostly Japanese) and never heard ECU burning out caused by failed coil and alternator. I wonder if the Lotus Esprit ECU has the shadow of LUCAS (the prince of darkness).

Some complained about mysterious codes that shouldn't be flagging. I had a doubt from the beginning that the ecu has a bunch of bugs or bad design.

Took my Toyota Mr2 turbo 4 years to throw a code because of bad oxygen sensor (which is a reg. maintenance).

Edited by HASUsan

Hi Peter, in regards to his ECU it was sent to Italy to be fixed initially by the service agent so must be made in Italy?? - I thought that it sounded a little extreme sending this there. It came back in worse shape, even the people who fix these day in day out locally couldnt salvage it. I think it turned out to be a rather expensive exercise for him in the end. :X

I have an 02 sensor out and taking car over to service agent on Saturday to check my coils, replace sensor and replace IAC if needs doing for peace of mind. Not to say it will stop a ECU on its way out, but can only try and keep on top of these things. :X

350.gifNo.23