free hit
counters
Show off your Esprit Day (II)... - Page 7 - Events - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SE Owner :-D

Show off your Esprit Day (II)...

Roger,

I'll aim for 10.00am or before at yours. I assume you'll have full valet parking facilities :) .

See You Tomorrow

Martyn :D

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Rog

I'll try and get to yours for the bacon butties (10ish), not sure how long I can stay at the skool though (may be only an hour or so.)

Weather forcast looking good for tomorrow (no rain).

See you tomorrow.

GT3-Jonny :D

Bloody Nora. The things you do for mates eh :D

Well it would appear the Esprit is now functional at 22:50. Better get some shut eye. Fingers crossed, should be there for ten (ish)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Roger's SE has left the building. :D

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

I'll meet you en route to the school.

Looking forward to it.

Even the weather looks like it should be good

Cool. Looks like its going to be a full house. Terrific :D

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Slight change of plan here now too means I have to miss it this year at late notice. My good lady, who was coming with me, had heart surgery on Monday and despite optimism that we'd be there, whilst getting ready to travel this morning is really evidently still too ill.

Hope you have a great day. Was very much looking forward to it - even gave the beast a wash last night - and take photos.

Hope to see some of you at Goodwood next Sunday..

Sorry to hear about your missus Simon, hope she perks up soon mate.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

We parked up at the Ferrari garage again! The manager was cool this year 'cos I told him the time the Fxx did on Top Gear! Put a smile on his face! :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Chris, thanks for the ride along today...

Rog, thanks for letting me be a part of todays fund raiser for the kids... Great time and I meet some more LEFer!!! Nice to put a face to a name...

Fantastic day!!!

Felix

Great day out. :D

At the ferrari main dealer an old bloke was getting into his brand new 430 Scuderia and said that he had a S1, S2 and turbo Esprits and loved them all.

Can't wait to see Sparky's pics of the footie game....

I live nearby but some made a truly heroic effort to turn up.

A really big thanks to Martyn for fitting a new stereo to Emma's Elise. Really appreciate it :)

Bazza

Rog

Yet another successful, well organised event, well done mate.

Thanks for inviting me.

As normal I have created a little 7 minute DVD.

I have also posted this on you-tube - so your pupils can see it.

You tube link:

Hope your BBQ & evening bash goes well

GT3-jonny :D

Thanks Rog for organising , great day...only wish I could have come back to the BBQ but....

A few pictures of the day :) No need to guess who has been at the beer again :D

post-1877-1245527454_thumb.jpg

post-1877-1245527041_thumb.jpg

post-1877-1245527053_thumb.jpg

Edited by internets

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

Roger,sorry to have missed a fun day out. Will try for next year! A big well done to everyone who did make the effort to attend though. :):D:D

Roger,

Thanks for hosting and making the arrangements. Shame we missed out on the convoy run but we all had a good time. Hope the school was sucessful in raising funds.

Thanks to GT3 jonny for posting the u-tube video and for including my good lady in the credits.

Great to see all who attended perhaps more G cars next time?

John

What a thoroughly excellent day out!

Just got home (thanks Trace) and completely and utterly bungalowed. Many thanks to Rog & Sam for hosting such a wonderful evening. Legendary karaoke, and Sam laughs like nothing I've ever heard before. I myself came close to needing medical attention in the mirth stakes.

I look foward to publication of the LEF Cocktail Menu.

Reason for edit: crap spelling coz I'm a bit pished.

Edited by sparky

A great day out with the LEFers ar Rogers school day.

We started with the bacon sarnie breakfast run with everyone meeting at Rogers. Well except for me and roger cos we were on a hoon to get high octane fuel. Ooops sorry we were late. Anyway once assembled off we went in an orderly fashion... or sorts..... the 9 car esprit squadron got split up a bit and so we decided to use the Ferrarri garage again like last year to reassemble the cars. ITs funny I dont think they liked 9 people asking if they did the 2 grand car scappage scheme for old bangers like ours. Haha, their loss. Off we went arrived at the school and parked to put the cars on display. The kids and parents loved it, lots of stalls rasing money, rogers class doing a top group dance routine and then for the finale, dads v teachers footy match with special appearance by Bibsy "they call me the cat" Betts in goal. It was a good match, final score was 11:3 to rogers team. To steal one of his phrases he used later that night , his team were "Different Gravy". We left the school event and people went home to sort out and then reassemble back at rogers for a BBQ and Karyoke. What a top night, cocktails galore. The major early player was the Dune Bug - 3 manly esprit owners show off exhibit A.

DSC02519.jpg

Later into the evening the cocktails were created freestyle by Roger "slice of lemon on the side sir or do you want to swap that drink for a rusty sherifs badge instead" Perry. I think we are going to have new list of cocktail names collected by Garry "ooh this laughter is killing my chest..stop I cant take anymore....please spare me....call an ambulance" Sparky of watford exotic motors. And before I forget, if sparky orders a burger at your bbq just put beef paste on a lump of charcoal and serve it to him, he wont know its not a burger. The night was fun, merry with great comapny, top drinks and dubious singing. Alegedly there are videos for Britain plainly hasnt got talent at all at singing. One star shone bright though and that was Paul - he gave a masterful rendition of reet-petite. X-factor is next for him.

DSC02512.jpg

DSC02524.jpg

DSC02529.jpg

Brilliant all-round.

Alex

Mustn't forget - aliens landed in Owlsmoor last night - captured on a ropey camera, or was it a drunk cameraman... who knows! Watch out MIB are after us!!!

DSC02521.jpg

Ahh yes, it was a splendid day/night. Didn't get any piccies of the footie match, but I happened to be around when the guys were warming up:

Rogschool001.jpg

Bibs somehow managed to be bullied by the schoolkids and they forced him to to pretend he had no goalkeeping skills:

Rogschool017.jpg

Later on as Alex has already mentioned, a strange alien craft was spotted in the area:

Rogschool026.jpg

When the occupants of this wierd looking craft got out, they started howling in some unintelligble tongue. I think they may have been in some sort of pain:

(Think youself lucky that the vid of Alex and Rog doing it 'their way' got corrupted when transfering it to my pc! :D )

There's a very simple explanation: the aliens from that strange red-glowing craft abducted me and replaced me with a tone-deaf (and slightly drunk) doppelganger.

Double super nuclear dubious. Slightly drunk :D

Fabulous day yet again with the gang. Many thanks to you all for your company. Big and special thank you to Rog and Sammy for being such wonderfull hosts -x-. And the rest of you were sublime company :thumbsup:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILLY MAY -x-

Great times and really good fun.

Heres a selection:

Pictures

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Well I'm writing the children's reports now after a slow recovery from all the fun.

Can i just say a massive thak you to everyone who came Saturday it was the best fun i have had in years. Thank you to Mr Ian May for your donation...wished you were there.

Loving my car Sparky, thanks Al for letting me experience the Subtle Pimpster up to Watford exotics.

Paul - GOLD there is nothing more to say DIFFERENT GRAVY!!! Mate.

The neighbours keep finding differing meat and charcoal products in their gardens...and my calves are still very tight...

Let's all get together very soon and thank you all so much for your generosity in attending what was a long old hoon for some.

Lots of big love and chutney ferrets,

Rog, Sam and Lilly-May.

XXXXXX

Edited by SE Owner :-D

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg