free hit
counters
what size is the sump plug? - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
red vtec

what size is the sump plug?

I read it was 19mm but mine is smaller than that? is it 18mm or is it an imperial size or different i.e AF, Whitworth? it's a 1988 stevens. I dont want to round the bugger off.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Chris it is meant to be 19mm. The plug should have a plastic/rubber washer behind it. It may have been modded? You could try spacing it out by putting a thin rag over the bolt and put spanner over it to fill out the gap if theres nothing in it?? Ive had to do this on other parts of the car. Hope you figure it out and dont round off the bolt <_<

350.gifNo.23

nope mine is 18mm but it is so bloody tight, i don't want to risk rounding it off. I'm not sure if the washer is on it as there is an indent in the casing. might have to take it to a garage.

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

It is definitely an 18mm hex.

Visit Sanj's Lotus Esprit Turbo SE pages

it's going to the garage wednesday.

Amateurs built the Ark