free hit
counters
Cat-Exhaust clamp needed - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
neal

Cat-Exhaust clamp needed

My RH one has fallen off - just hope it ended up in a ditch rather than embedded in someone's front tyre...

They're ridiculously expensive from Lotus, over 20 quid for each half so a single clamp with VAT will be almost 50 quid!

I vaguely recall somone trying to make their own (maybe PNM?) - anyone know more? Or have you a spare one I can buy?

Thanks,

Neal

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Neal,

I have heard the clamps are from a Saab but not sure which one 900 turbo maybee.

I did make a clamp for mine using two ordinary u shaped clamps,weld them 180degrees so that the u bolts are opposite to each other ,use a dab of jointing paste the two fluted ends can't move when the u bolts are tightened.

cheers dave

Dave Hopwood

My RH one has fallen off - just hope it ended up in a ditch rather than embedded in someone's front tyre...

They're ridiculously expensive from Lotus, over 20 quid for each half so a single clamp with VAT will be almost 50 quid!

I vaguely recall somone trying to make their own (maybe PNM?) - anyone know more? Or have you a spare one I can buy?

Thanks,

Neal

Dear Neal

They are identical to a SAAB or Volvo clamp - can't remember which - and you can buy them from motor factors. I'll send you the part number later this evening. I think my last pair cost something like

They are identical to a SAAB or Volvo clamp - can't remember which - and you can buy them from motor factors. I'll send you the part number later this evening. I think my last pair cost something like

Dear Neal

As promised:

Unipart Automative part number VOP32AP

Cost for two clamps i.e. four pieces:

Excellent, bought the item and it's the right one - original Saab part (the hologram is GM).

I tried Unipart but they didn't find the part number VOP32AP.

So for future reference the information from the ebay ad is:

Saab Exhaust Clamp. (Saab part no 5465950). Fits Saab 900NG and 9-3 model 98 to 03

Nice! I've been looking for them in the US & finally found them on a SAAB site. Still waiting for them & hoping they're the right kind.