free hit
counters
Brembo calipers - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hey guys I was wondering, is there a refresh kit for the factory brake calipers or should I just buy AP ones? cause the sometimes I smell burn when I brake hard and the ABS comes in too early.

Thanks

Edited by e5pritV8

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan, the pads r stock, the tyres r new stock size(Continental Conti sport) ,I did'nt check the geometry recently ,I'll do that as soon as my springs and shocks arrive. :P

working fine! well, kicking in too early I could understand but whats with the burning smell?

Sofrata

Thanks

Sounds like the brakes work fine - whats your pad material, they might be a bit too agressive, hence the locking and the burning smell.

How are your tyres / geometry ?

Edited by e5pritV8
working fine! well, kicking in too early I could understand but whats with the burning smell?

Depends what sort of burning smell you are describing?! - Hot pad material?

I'll guess that you are using the brakes fairly hard (from you mentioning the abs kicking in), if you're on stock pads you are probably getting them hot - hence the smell - they have a low working temp for normal driving...

If this is whats happening then there's nothing really wrong with the calipers, a set of harder/more aggressive pads (higher working temp) would address this problem. - Other solution is go easier on the brake pedal!! :P

Abs is a bit "keen" anyway!

HTH

Could be shite on the pads and disks ?

Might even be the fluid - before you go too mad on the cash front do the easy checks, unless you want the AP ones which will cost a bomb becuase you'll have to do the disks as well :)

ABS on Esprits is a bit intrusive (nearly fatally intrusive for ame a few times, braking then hit a small bump in the road and woahhhhh, all in !)

Check for leaks, renew the fluid, and replace the pads with something a bit better and try again.

facebook = [email protected]

we had one hell of a sand storm last week ,so I think that’s why the ABS was kicking fast, and yes I guess I've been too hard on the breaks the past days :) .

now that the weather is back to normal the breaks r good.

I'm planning on buying AP breaks and Sport 350 springs and shocks soon but I'll need some cash :lol:

for the fluid ,I just renewed it .

Thanks for the help guys :lol:

Sofrata

Edited by e5pritV8