free hit
counters
chassis changes? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
beagleair

chassis changes?

Just toying with an idea that someone has put into my head. Does anyone know the changes made over the yearws to the chassis on the stevens car, from '88 to the latest v8?? Just wondered if the basic dimensions were the same??

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I know for sure that the rear transmission cradle is larger on the V8 to accommodate the different linkage styles as well as the dual exhausts.

Yeah the V8 is different, so is the suspension iirc but the 4 pot is largely the same.

As far as I know when I was looking for the race car donor I siad anything on and above an SE turbo, this was dubbed the Eagle chassis and was one of the last revisions - again, iirc.

facebook = [email protected]

I remember hearing that the GT3 was the best chassis of them all, if you are going to change.

Apparently the revisions for the suspension geometry were the best Lotus ever managed to achieve.