free hit
counters
Lotus say NO to rate increase - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus say NO to rate increase

Lotus is planning to take its fight against unfair rate bills to parliament with a petition signed by all of the staff. Lotus has been lumbered with a

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I initially thought it was tens of thousands but that sort of increase is not only unbelieveable but just plain crazy!

Talk about money grabbing!

We should get our own petition started to add to their own!

I heard Gordon Brown today stating that they support all businesses in the UK...doesn't look like it to me, looks like they support the economy! :lol:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Where do we sign?! :lol:

Iain

"... the Lotus Turbo (Esprit) owner will not only be comfortable in fast company, but will find, more often than not, that he has no company at all!" Road and Track magazine

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' Featured in Classic and Sportscar Aug 2008 and Wheeler Dealers.

1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 221,000 miles and counting!

Money-grabbing bar stools. How can they justify such an increase? Have they never heard of killing the goose that laid the golden egg?

I think Mike ought to relocate the factory to North Carolina. Plenty of space, lower taxes and a big market. (and it would be very handy for me :lol: )

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Are you married to Fishy? :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

A petition will be raised shortly and I'll get it online.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

And Its not just the big businesses. Mine have just gone up 20% and will go another 20% next year aparantly as they phase out small business rate releif. Now someone remind me what the inflation rate is the govenment keep telling us!!!!

And Its not just the big businesses. Mine have just gone up 20% and will go another 20% next year aparantly as they phase out small business rate releif. Now someone remind me what the inflation rate is the govenment keep telling us!!!!

This has been going on for years, my father had a greengrocers shop. Built it up over 30 years, won the greengrocer of the year award for the eastern region one year. Rates kept getting larger and larger, far outstripping the revenue increases in his business.

Eventually mum and dad worked 7 days a week 52 weeks a year to pay rates to the local council, in fact they were losing money each year for the last three years. Despite all the evidence the scum bags still expected him to keep paying it for the remaining years on the lease even though he would be well past retirement age.

We eventually got that worked out but two things left me very bitter about it, firstly he should have a business to sell on but because of the greedy rent demands it became a loss making business and as such was worthless. Secondly some of the money was used from the rates to lay on free transport for his customers to the local Sainsbury's.

These people are shameless and don't care whether the amounts demanded are reasonable, they just want the maximum amount regardless.

Where's the petition, I'll sign.

Regards

Fred

Err...........would now be a good time to mention my Father-in-Law's a Labour MP??! (and NO I didn;t vote for 'um!!!) :lol:

No I'd keep that to yourself, especially in the coming months. :lol:

Still more legalised robery then. Where do I sign.

Its almost worth just saying, sod it, then Jackin in the job, going on the dole, having another six kids the state can pay for, putting feet up and drinking beer all day long - cos its getting to the stage where most individuals feel like they are going to work, just for the benefit of this bloody Government.

All individuals and Companies are being squeezed so tight, its getting harder and harder just to keep head above water. This Government is like The Sheffif of Nottingham - Take, Take, and Take some more - How much is enough?

Idiots

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

How long before the general public see this Government for what it really is? Unfortunately for us all, where is the viable alternative. Sooner or later, people will say enough is enough and not tolerate these so called hypocritical, untrustworthy, pander to themself morons, who have taken the GREAT out of Britain AND ARE screwing the common man and woman for all its worth. People will, sooner or later start to take a collective action. I for one hope its sooner.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg