free hit
counters
Another WHAT IS THIS? Question - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CBrownstead

Another WHAT IS THIS? Question

I have been refitting wing mirrors, putting the relay mod on the door switches . . .etc . . . in an 88. I have noticed in both doors a pair of wires, black and it looks like gray or white . . . they have clips on the end similar to speaker clips. I am wondering are these for the central locking feature? They are both just hanging down not connected to anything. . . .

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

When I pulled my door apart I found those same wires in my 90 SE. They indeed looked like speaker wires so I pulled up the radio harness from the dash and checked with a meter. Sure enough those wires (at least on my car) are connected to the radio wiring harness. Perhaps the PO had done something funny in my car seeing as he had installed after market stereo components as well as an after market alarm system. I figured they were from the PO, but now that you have them as well I am interested as to their origin and purpose.

- Graham

yes those are the ones . . .they even have the same connectors as the back speakers have. My PO had installed some speaker wires as well . . . I am ditching the ash trays for some smaller speakers in this location and I wondered if I could use those wires, but I opted to run wire myself. Anyway, just seemed strange that they are in both doors and just hanging not ocnnected to anything . . .the tech manuals do not provide much help . . . I looked through the electrical sections and there are no references to them . . .