free hit
counters
Chargecooler pump - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Chargecooler pump

Afternoon all.

Am putting my chargecooler pump back in the GT3 having replaced the impellor with a nice yellow one. I can get the pump back in and it seems to click into the oil pump key ok, but the flange on the pump doesn't touch the casing on the oil pump - there is a 1-2mm gap. Is there supposed to be a gap? I took it off by feel, so didn't really get a good look - can somebody please go and peer through there inlet manifold with a torch and tell me?

Thanks,

Tim B

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There should not be a gap, and if you force it by tightening the fixing bolt when the key is not correctly engaged you will break the mounting tab.

That said, there is a spring that will attempt to push the pump outwards, but with some effort you should be able to push the pump in all the way by hand if the key is correctly engaged. It is possible to be 180 degrees out, as the key is offset slightly.

Visit Sanj's Lotus Esprit Turbo SE pages