free hit
counters
Bell shaped item above LHS fuel tank - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
andydclements

Bell shaped item above LHS fuel tank

I've looked through the manuals, both parts and workshop, but unless I know what it is I can't seem to find it in the manual (if you know what it is, you can generally find which section it's in).

On my S3 there is a slightly flattened bell shaped canister,with a couple of hoses attached. I'm guessing/ hoping it's the reservoir for the vacuum supplying the heater flaps. I would normally trace it back by where the hoses attached lead to, but as they only run for a couple of inches before ending, that didn't work.

There's also a length of hose lying in the space above the tank, unattached except to a very small bore hard plastic pipe which appears to go near/ to the passenger compartment at roof height. If I attach this piece of pipe to the canister it almost reaches a hole through the engine side wall, where there's a hole, and that's not too far from the inlet manifold, which has the fitting for the vacuum take off (with nothing other than a blanking plug attached.

I'm guessing after all this time I may have found the cause of the lack of heater controls in the car.

Please, please confirm it's the vacuum reservoir.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It sounds very much like the vac res Andy. and i would say you are right about it being the reason for the lack of heater controls :thumbup:

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Cheers Dave.

That could explain why winter driving as ruled out by lack of de-frosting, well, any de-frosting more than the hands on the screen method could achieve.

Andy