free hit
counters
replace wiper for - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. oogieboogie,

this is my very personal believe...................

I find it very pity to see your Esprit equipped with this kind of "stuff" and these "procedures"........... "put a raw plug into the arm"........."self tapping screw through"

Of course we all try to save some money but this is I believe to extreme to save obviously only a few bucks !

Do'nt do this with such a beautiful creature as an Esprit..........

I trust that you love your Esprit the same way as we do.........

I trust that you will treat your car in future as it should be done...........

My best regards,

Ruud

Good effort Peter ! But keep an eye on the self tapper they are notorious for backing off,what with all the air buffeting and the wiper sweeping the screen ,it could cost you a tadge more than a wiper if the screw drops out :)

Cheers

Nick S4s

Simplest things first.

its better than my zip tie, think i may try that way instead.

what you need is the 1999 wiper mech, it doesnt break i here

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Yep, mine on the cable tie too!!

That does look like a quick fix, if I do it I'll sleeve the screw with a bit of shrink wrap so you cant see it.

The standard one is useless!!!

Mr. oogieboogie,

this is my very personal believe...................

I find it very pity to see your Esprit equipped with this kind of "stuff" and these "procedures"........... "put a raw plug into the arm"........."self tapping screw through"

Of course we all try to save some money but this is I believe to extreme to save obviously only a few bucks !

Do'nt do this with such a beautiful creature as an Esprit..........

I trust that you love your Esprit the same way as we do.........

I trust that you will treat your car in future as it should be done...........

My best regards,

Ruud

I'm with you Ruud, I've only had mine since last November, already I have a tin of self tapers removed, some from PO and some I guess from the factory, I have fitted things back properly, all the the nasty "Scotch Clips" used to conect the CD player and the alarm are gone and replaced with proper conectors. The undertray is now fixed with small allen bolts, it all makes future maintenance easier, and it looks better.

Mind you, my wipper arm is on it's way to the local engineering shop to be re-pinned because it's worn!

Roger :thumbsup:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• 3 weeks later...
I've got a 1999 wiper arm that I'm going to put on mine. But I need to change the bonnet for a 99 one first as the pantograph mechanism hits the 88 bonnet I currently have!

Hi Glyn. I've got a '99 car, ergo I have a '99 wiper (impeccable logic, no?). I would like to have the "parked" position be more parallel to the bottom edge of the windscreen. Other vehicles I have owned had plastic "caps" that pivoted out of the way when lifted up, providing access to the nut holding the wiper arm to the pivot post. On my Esprit it doesn't seem to have a sufficient gap to pry it loose. I don't wish to do damage by forcing the issue, so to speak. Is the Esprit design different from others? Also, is it's current parked position somewhat "high" by design to allow more "buffer" space between the wiper and the "bumper" when running the wipers at "full tilt boogie"?

Thanks,

John

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.