free hit
counters
King Hussein of Jordans Esprit Turbo HC - What happened to it? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dodgey_rog

King Hussein of Jordans Esprit Turbo HC - What happened to it?

I remember being in Stratton Motor Company some time back, (2003?) and there was a Pearl White Esprit Turbo HC in their showroom that used to belong to King Hussein of Jordan, it was MINT CONDITION!!!!! It felt like i was in a time warp, i thought i was a kid again as my father had one of the last HC's in the same colour, just running your finger along the paintwork it had been looked after very well.

The mileage was 3500, it was still a one owner car too, with beige full leather, that was pristine!

They hadn't started it though as that was the condition of purchase, they would have the engine checked thoroughly before the first serious punter would have the joy of taking it for a spin. The price tag was something like 20k+ i seem to recall.

I made some enquiries when i had the money to buy back then, but it had been sold to someone local. A subsequent talk with Guy Munday explained the local guy who'd bought it, bif the estate for it, kept it a few months and then sold it on for a substantial profit and i never found out who bought it after that.

A bloody shame though, i would have loved to be the owner of an example like that, it looked gorgeous, i just hope it went to a good home.

Does anybody know whatever happened to it though? Something like that must have popped up on here surely?

Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It was on the Club Lotus stand at the Classic car show at the NEC about 2/3 years ago, ask Alan at Club Lotus he may know where it is

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

I saw it at Paul Mattys some time ago. it was totally and uterly imaculate. everything was perfect. I remember thinking it had strange tyres on it though, not the normal NCT's or pirrelli get up.

Yeah, i'd seen that as well Neil, i even posted a thread on PH. You're right though, staggering price, i know for a fact that it sold for around the 20k mark back in 2003. It was an absolute minter, really well looked after, essentially a time capsule....

Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere.

Perhaps the filtration was specc'ed for a desert climate? Nice pic Mark, where do you find them! I always find it funny in these period shots to see MJK stooping reverentially to the VIPs and Toyota reps he has to meet, who invariably are 3 feet shorter!

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

^^^ With a very young looking Roger Becker in the photo.

I sold it in 2003 for £22000. We had it here for nearly a year and couldn't sell it! I guess nice HCs were selling for around £10k then so asking £20k+ at the time was a little bold.!

It still had the original cambelt as far as we could tell so we were a little reluctant to start it. I did, however, take it to the factory where they were gathering a selection of classic Lotus for 3D imaging for use on the Playstation Grand Turismo 4 game so if you win an HC in that game, it's the King's car!

It was eventually sold to a local collector who was going to keep it forever but it was actually sold on again within a matter of weeks.

There's a big half page advert for it in Octane Magazine this month..

Pete

Edited by peteyg

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Seem to recall this car being at Castle Combe yonks ago...or am I wrong?

^^^ With a very young looking Roger Becker in the photo.

I sold it in 2003 for £22000. We had it here for nearly a year and couldn't sell it! I guess nice HCs were selling for around £10k then so asking £20k+ at the time was a little bold.!

It still had the original cambelt as far as we could tell so we were a little reluctant to start it. I did, however, take it to the factory where they were gathering a selection of classic Lotus for 3D imaging for use on the Playstation Grand Turismo 4 game so if you win an HC in that game, it's the King's car!

It was eventually sold to a local collector who was going to keep it forever but it was actually sold on again within a matter of weeks.

Guy, i remember speaking to you about this back in 03, my brothers Elise was in for some work and i was drooling over it. I missed the boat clearly and kicked myself for it, it was a peach and looks like it still is. Top money but then, previous owner was a king, thats a story most won't be able to copy in the pub....