free hit
counters
Alarm System? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Buddsy

Alarm System?

Hello guys

I have just taken the three section out of my roof to redo the lining and I have 2 alrm sensors. Now I was thinking while I got the roof trim out I would disconnect them and pull them out as I got no bleeper button (for those who dont know I bought the car as a bit of a heap in non running order see B72 FOE in resto section for the story so far.)

When I looked at the alarm itself (well Im guessing its the alrm?) in the front boot the wiring loom going to it looks pretty meaty more like a factory fit type of jobby, not sure if you can see from the pic?

So my question is should I take it out? Is it factory fit? Can I get a new bleeper for it? Should I get a new system fitted while the roof bits are out? Would this have a imobiliser as part of it? There is a sticker on the window saying what the system is and a no? Do I phone them?

I really dont know what to do for the best here so would welcom your comments

Thanks all

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think I would start by ringing that phone number and see what they know about the installation. I don't think it's a factory instalation as the factory wouldn't fit a sticker like that.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

i think mine was a factory fitment as in the glovebox there is a key slot for the alarm key, i did have some pir's in the top of the aframe pillars but they were not working so i removed them.

Yep, at the time little clicky buttons weren't really done yet. I would defo say that it's aftermarket. I'm pretty sure lotus had the "immobiliser key" kind fitted around the mid 80's.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Yep, at the time little clicky buttons weren't really done yet. I would defo say that it's aftermarket. I'm pretty sure lotus had the "immobiliser key" kind fitted around the mid 80's.

Did Lotus place any stickers/labels to warn potential thieves that an alarm/immobiliser was fitted?

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

Just to be a pain I have a Gemini alarm on my stevens. Are you sure they were not factory fitted? as they are the same make.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Did Lotus place any stickers/labels to warn potential thieves that an alarm/immobiliser was fitted?

Lotus didn't but Q did. :rofl:

lotus-esprit-turbo002.jpg

lotus-esprit-turbo003.jpg

Denzeldude yea thats the one I got, now to remove it...is it the red wire first or the black??? :rofl:

Well I think the Tel code is for a Birmingham No which would fit in well with what I have learned from Lotus, my car was sold through Colmore in Hall Green Birmingham who carried out the pdi on 11.03.85. Searching the alrm fitting company I found a picture of A.T.Gittins again located in Birmingham

Funny how much you can learn about a cars life with the internet