free hit
counters
Engine Mount Heat Shield - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
act2007

Engine Mount Heat Shield

I found my engine mount heatshield (passenger side for LHD cars) cracked into pieces, that's the one that secures by a clip. I barely touched it and two big pieces fell off. Now I can see the entire outer part of that engine mount heatshield is gone. Is it something that I should worry about? Or it's just something I should forget about? The spaces down there is very very tight & I don't think it'll be easy to replace those.

Alan

post-3109-1206641839.jpg

Edited by E5PR1T

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Alan you WILL need this. It protects the rubber bushing for the engine mount.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

If the original heat-sheild has dis-integrated, then I would consider using some aftermarket flexible heat barrier material and sliding it down and wrapping it around the engine mounts. You can using some wire to keep it in position.

You really will need something to protect the metallastic mounts.

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Thanks Mike. I'll do that...

I found an "Exhaust Repair Kit" that contains adhesive high heat heat wrap/heat shields & metal wires at a local auto parts store. I will put it on to ensure the engine mount is not cooked.

Alan