free hit
counters
esprit in your living room - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Antiques

esprit in your living room

Guest Antiques

I remember reading about an 80s supercar called the Vector,a mid engine 2 seater,and this very rich guy bought one for his living room.He loved the rarity and shape so much,he i suppose treated like a big work of art to enjoyin his living room.Sounds outlandish ,but you can see his point>if anyone ,us lotus owners can see where hes coming from?The Esprit shape ,i think its fair to say we cant see it enough times it so perfect.My girlfriend said to me as she knows i collect antiuQes that she wouldnt put it past me if she came to my home ,and found the elite in the living room>.YEA I COULD IMAGINE RELAXING WITH A IRISH SINGLE MALT WHSIKEY,WITH MY FEET UP AND DROLLING OVER A MINT ESPRIT TURBO IN MY LIVING ROOM,WHO WOULD NEED a plasma?James/ANTIQUES

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
Guest Antiques

You gave me a laugh there :) you could always dismatle it ,and reasemble it in the living room???Get the girlfriend to help she would like that(not) :rofl: need less to say the vector owner demolished a wall to get it in ,ah money .I think ill stick to my 1/18s esprits in the apartment though,James/Antiques

There is s pic somewhere of a Lambo mounted on some guys living room wall. I'll try and find it they had to crane it in.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Also remember seeing a pic of sombodys home gym with a Jag XJ220 in the corner. Something nice to look at whilst on the treadmill.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

started to do it already :rofl:

104-0450_IMG.jpg

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Im building a house next year in the Philippines and will be designing it so I can have the car inside in full view :rofl:

Not aware of any Esprits in the Philippines but im looking into importing one possibly in about 2-3 years when the house is done.

Ive always wanted a house like this after seeing a house in Sweden with a hot rod in it looking well cool!

I found the pics... here they are:

post-3007-1206804998.jpg

post-3007-1206804983.jpg

post-3007-1206805013.jpg

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Does look good, but pretty sure I'd want it on the drive with a tank of fuel and keys at the ready.

Saying that, if you can afford one for the wall, there probably is one on the drive already.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Hi,

It's gone now, don't know where, but when I used to go to Norwich City College, Norwich, Norfolk they had a full size original G Turbo Esprit hanging off the wall in the automotive section. Obviously no engine, but everything else was there, it was only taken down less than three years ago, I wish I knew where it went, it would have been perfect for spares as it had never been outside, I think Lotus donated it. Anyone attending the automotive section would remember it.

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3

There used to be a Glass Cabinet outside Coventry Railway station years ago with a Coventry Climax V8 from one of Jim Clarks Lotus 25's........................No idea what happened to it but it was a great work of art!

Edited by nello

:rofl: Thats Quality Rob

Think I've said this before but there was a guy who did this with an F40 in Leamington Spa.

It was destroyed in the floods as it was behind a glass wall in the basement!!

Guest Antiques

Great pic Rob Roy ,and thats exactly how i would enjoy looking at my lotus,only diference i would have a single malt whisky in my hand,well done ,James/Antiques.To the guy importing a lotus into the Philipines ,i know for a fact that there is already one there.My latest girlfriend :evil: is in Manilla on holiday from Ireland ,and she has pictures of me beside my Elite to show her family,Well theres one there in a sort of way ,James/Antiques.

There is a magazine dedicated to living with, in and around your car here in Japan. Cars in the lounge, kitchen and bedroom. Amazing mag, inspiration on every page. The Japanese have realy relaxed planning laws though, you can get away with almost everything when designing a home. You try to get permission to change your living room in to a garage in the UK, I doubt you will get too far.

http://www.garagelife.jp/

One day, when I get my place out in the mountains and dont have to work anymore.......dream on...

Malc