free hit
counters
S1 Rear light surrounds wanted - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
philleech

S1 Rear light surrounds wanted

Went to the Lotus show today and was convinced by Chris Foulds that my S1 (that has S2 rear lights and number plate plinth) would be much better if I returned it to S1 guise. He then sold me a pair or lovely rear lights that he happened to have so now Im looking for a pair of rear light surrounds. I think the lights were sourced from the Fiat X19 but does anyone know if the surrounds were too or does anyone have a spare set that they would sell.

Phil

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Phil the S1 rear light are indeed Fiat X-19 but. But the lights dont sit in any kind of surround they just sit against the body work. I think Lotus had the surrounds made.

logo_01-2.jpg

I'm sure SJ do a copy of the original in fibreglass. Will it need the matching number plate surround?

Mark

So he does .....for the bargain price of (ahem)

Edited by philleech

Have you tried the obvious www.lotusbits.com I know it's a long shot but you don't know if you don't ask :rofl:

Paul.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Hi Phil

Dont bother with the Lotus ones unlessyou want yours to look as out of shape as they all go - take a look at any S1 the top & bottom edges warp as the items are only made of fridge door plastic.

Have a look a the fibreglass ones!

I have started making moulds to remake my own but I am going to use carbon fibre - (after I have taught myself how to use it) so I won't be finished for 6 to 8 months at the rate I am going - no good for you.

xisab

Hi Phil

Dont bother with the Lotus ones unlessyou want yours to look as out of shape as they all go - take a look at any S1 the top & bottom edges warp as the items are only made of fridge door plastic.

Have a look a the fibreglass ones!

I have started making moulds to remake my own but I am going to use carbon fibre - (after I have taught myself how to use it) so I won't be finished for 6 to 8 months at the rate I am going - no good for you.

xisab

Where have you seen fibreglass ones then?

Phil

If you want ABS plastic reproduction ones (similar to the original, but not quite exact), then take a look at www.sportscarworld.com

Personally, I would not be as concerned with what they are made of, but more concerned with how close they look to the original. I don't know whose are a closer match -- SJ or SCW. (or are they they same product?)

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE