free hit
counters
windscreen wiper - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mickdole

windscreen wiper

On the way back from donnington the wiper went horizontal all the way across the windscreen,locked up then broke the black plastic bit on pantograph.Is there any mods to make wiper more substantial or can a v8 arm be fitted as they look a lot more robust than the 1990 se one?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've currently got the same wiper arm as you, but I have a V8 arm to go on at some point.

However, the V8 arm won't fit unless you change to a V8 style bonnet. The round bit near where the wiper arm connects hits the top edge of the bonnet.

I'm waiting until I come across a decent 'pre loved' V8 bonnet.

I'm sure you can still get the older arms from Lotus though.. I got one a couple of years back.

Hi,

Don't know if a late V8 wiper arm set up will fit on straight on earlier cars without modifying, or replacing the wiper motor as well. I have a '97 GT3 and wanted to do the same, but looking at cars at Donny this last weekend you can clearly see the drive shafts are different or have different sleeves on the motor shaft, even between a GT3 and V8.

It's right about the bonnet, mine has two raised dimples to allow for wiper arms clearance.

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

Didnt want to change bonnet so this is my solution. 2.5mm sheet cut to 15mm width welded onto pantograph arm.(now very stiff and wont bend) Bosch aero wipper with pin addaptor kit.(pin needed 1/8th inch filed off the nose end for the locking pin to engage.)

post-4164-1207087651.jpg

post-4164-1207087869.jpg

Hi,

My head is the part that was replaced on mine, I reckon the pin had broken, so someone welded on a new type blade fixing, one of those spring steel blades. It was useless really, made loads of noise and judded across the screen, plus it was only 18 inches long. Now I have a Bosch 24 inch blade, all I had to do was modify the blade attacment, which took about half an hour, and it's a lot quieter and cleans better now.

DSCF0363.jpg

DSCF0369.jpg

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3