free hit
counters
Air Filters & oil catch tanks... - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
peteyg

Air Filters & oil catch tanks...

Planning on changing the air filter but can't remember which one fits properly? Seem to remember talk of one needing to be trimmed down to fit.

This probably applies more to S1 & 2 with the air box attached to the carbs directly.

Bit fed up with all the oil vapour & oil in the air box so going to add a catch tank as well. Any advice if someone's done it already or the best place to mount one greatly appreciated.

Carbs are running rich despite rebuild, tuning and balancing, I can't get away from the exhaust pop after turning the engine off. Engine runs nicely, not complaining, just can't help thinking it would be nice not having to announce my arrival like that :rofl:

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

On the TE I've mounted the catch tank on the wall between the engine compartment and the luggage area, but to do it I had to remove the floor, then re-fit it. I guess it's going to be even worse on the earlier ones for space.

Re filters, if the I remember the Green Cotton ones correctly the outer edge is part of the moulded item, so is harder to compress than the K&N one which is/ was like the original ones with a sheet of pressed steel and a foam rim round it.

Andy