free hit
counters
Wanted sunroof - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Wanted sunroof

GC1

Ok been to Donnington today and seen loads of esprit's with a nice smoked sunroof which iI guess can be swapped easliy with the standard one, so for the summer and my trip to Le Mans this year I wish to purchase one,so if anyone knows of one for sale please get in touch.

cheers

oh what a great show too....... B)

Edited by gc1

GC1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The glass roof is a different thickness than the GRP one, so you will need to change the rubber moulding that the roof seals against if you want it to fit 100% correctly. I have both roofs for my car and the seal is for the GRP roof. The glass roof sits a little low at the back compared to the bodyline and does rattle a bit. i've not had it out in rain, but would assume it would leak...

Graham,

Most people try to replace the glass roof with the GRP roof. Especially for summer use where the glass roof acts like a green house. I think the GRP roof is also lighter than the glass roof.

Now if I had spare cash, I'd go for Dave's Carbon fibre roof.

Regards,

Peter.

Ok been to Donnington today and seen loads of esprit's with a nice smoked sunroof which iI guess can be swapped easliy with the standard one, so for the summer and my trip to Le Mans this year I wish to purchase one,so if anyone knows of one for sale please get in touch.

cheers

oh what a great show too....... B)

or dave, give me you CF roof and you can have my glass roof,,,what a deal lol

(mmmMMM reminds me of a swop in a services years ago)

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)