free hit
counters
how dangerous is this? - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

how dangerous is this?

Toua

I never heard of anyone putting propane as a cooling system for their car.. isn't this stuff dangerous .. i mean one little accident and BBBBOOOOOOOOOMMM!

*modified*

How can Nos be used as a intercooler.. I thought Nos was used to cool the engine down and give it boost...What I mostly see is people using a Intercooler and then use nos as a boost and not using nos as an intercooler and boost.. that means you have to be constantly using NOS to cool the turbos.. but how would that work?

shed some lights please?

www.extremeesprit.com/

Edited by Toua

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

you have a bunch of stuff confused. first off, the small tanks of pressurised gas you're talking about aren't at any risk of impact given their mounting locations. second, even a so-called harmless substance under sealed pressure is just as dangerous. third, all cooling is based on latent heat in matter state changes. propane has more latent heat between states than water and so has faster/greater cooling potential in a smaller package. i use propane cooling where appropriate. boost is a separate issue.

In basic terms, when compressed gas/liquids go back to atmosphere they absorb heat.

Hold your de-oderant can and pish the button - notice it gets cold...it needs energy to expand, energy out of your hand.

Inject this into the charge on a turbo'd car and it'll use the heat from the air to expand...hence cooling the charge down :)

facebook = [email protected]