free hit
counters
Area Co-ordinators - Forum Info & Help - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

Area Co-ordinators

As LEF expands, we've developed the area groups and to make it easier for me to administer, can you please decide on an Area Co-ordinator for me at your next meet and let me know who it is.

That is all.

Thanks.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

AEG it's gotta be Simonf. He was turns up to every meet and pushes us all into the next!.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

do they get a big badge, different forum colour name and lots of money? ...

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Yup* :)

*May not be true! :P

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Bibs,

On behalf of NMEG I have proposed Howard.

If he gets "black balled" we'll let you know :)

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

NMEG - Howard

AEG - Simonf

SLEGS - gghc87

LEF USA - fmxa

Carolina area - Talon

LEF Canada - Mark T-C

LEF Australia - DanR

Evora NA

thanks for the update, er what does it all involve then?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

thanks for the update, er what does it all involve then?

Nothing too drastic - just organising/booking the meets and paying for the beer. :(:)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I do a lot of that already along with other NMEG members , except paying for the beer, although we ( NMEG) did put a bottle of wine on all 8 forum tables at the 40th at the wensum

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

As area co-ordinator along with buying all the beer I'd like you to ensure that your section is kept in good order, request from me or a mod that the correct event is pinned and that all events are added to the calender. Also, if there are large events to be planned it makes sense to have a person who knows the group to contact and if I have people approach me with an event idea I know where to send them.

Hope this helps and thanks for volunteering :)

Evora NA

thanks for the info, still not buying the beer, thats the presidents job

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

As area co-ordinator along with buying all the beer I'd like you to ensure that your section is kept in good order, request from me or a mod that the correct event is pinned and that all events are added to the calender. Also, if there are large events to be planned it makes sense to have a person who knows the group to contact and if I have people approach me with an event idea I know where to send them.

Hope this helps and thanks for volunteering :D

Volunteering, Buying Beer?????? :)

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

I think we should have a convention in some exotic venue, paid fr by the areas we represent of course...

Bali looks nice, but will consider other venues..............

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

I'm just setting up some software which allows the use of 'teams' on LEF. The plan is that these teams will be regions, ie NMEG is a team, AEG is a team, USA is a team etc.

People can join the teams, the team leaders can pin/unpin their own topics and can PM all members of the team at once. You can have a team description and all sorts of other stuff <_<

Please bear with me while I fiddle around with it!

For those who care, here are all the features :)

Feature List:

Teams

-Each team has a leader and a list of all of its members.

-Teams can have a description that appears on the MT home page.

-A RTE-enabled editor will also allow for Team Information, to appear on the Team Overview Page

-Teams will be allowed to upload a team logo, or use a remote URL.

-The team leader can turn off allowing the public to join the group.

-Teams can now be searched by team name, team description, and leader name, directly from the MT home page.

Team Members

-Forum members can apply to any team that is "Open". Pending the leader's approval, they will be accepted as a team member.

-Each team member can be granted specific permissions to help edit and manage the team. These permissions can only be granted by the team leader.

-A "Closed" team can still allow new members. A new invitation system will allow team leaders to invite specific forum members. That forum member is sent a PM, where they can either accept or decline the invitation.

-Team members may resign at any time. A team leader may release his control and hand it off to somebody else. A team leader may dismiss a member at any time.

Team Forums

-All team forums will fall into a category selected by administrators.

-Team leaders may edit the forum name and description.

-Team members (that have permission) may also control whether or not posts increase a member's post count, and can even assign forum moderators.

-Forums now make use of an improved secondary group system so that only members of the team and admin/staff are granted access to the team's forum.

Ranks

-Team members can create ranks that can then be assigned to team members.

-Ranks appear on the Team Member List

News

-Each team may post team news that is RTE enabled. Their most recent news article appears on the Team Overview page, and older articles are kept in an archive.

-As another means of communication, team leaders may also mass PM team members. This feature is limited by the number of people a certain member may be allowed to mass PM to at once.

Admin Control

-All aspects of a team may be controlled via the ACP, including their name and description. A team may be deleted at any time.

-The Default Forum Permissions applied to team forums may also be set. The permissions moderators of team forums are granted can also be controlled.

-Settings include: System On, Number of Teams Per Page, Require Admin Approval, Posts Needed to Create Team, Points Needed To Create Team, Number of Teams At Once, Per Group Permissions, Joining Multiple Groups, Allow Team Logo Uploads, Forum for Member Team Forums

IPB Compatibility

-Fully compliant component that requires no file edits.

-A language file that controls all language throughout the component

I'm sure you all find this very droll but please ensure that you join the regional group appropriate if you wish to be kept informed of goings on.

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...p?autocom=teams

Evora NA

If you wish to start this up, please do let me know. :lol:

Evora NA

I might be being thick here, but is there a list of area's covered. Specifically I'm in the Bournemouth area, and I'm not sure if this is SWEG or SLEC territory!

If the events of one group, the other or both are what you wish to attend, then that's how you can decide!

Evora NA

I'm guessing that I am the one who is supposed to invite all the Canadian members?

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

You don't have to invite them, although as area co-ordinator you should. People can join of their own accord, you just have to approve them.

It's for the benefit of the group. The reason you want them to join is that when you plan an event you can PM all the members of the group telling them. Without this, you've no way of communicating apart from hoping they read a thread you've posted and to be honest, lots of people miss lots of info on here.

Evora NA

I might be being thick here, but is there a list of area's covered. Specifically I'm in the Bournemouth area, and I'm not sure if this is SWEG or SLEC territory!

you are a SLEG mate...

Soon to be hooning again my friend.

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

AUTHORITY AT LAST!!!!!!!!

I am not going to let it go to my head but if you want to join AEG its going to cost $1,000,000

Now not being the most techy of people, how do i approve members into the group (subject to cleared funds obviously) I have already received PMs from people who want to join and when i reply the PM just comes back to my inbox! Do I have to PM the list to the Mighty Leader (Bibs) That would make sence i suppose.

Best wishes

Simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

It wouldn't as then I'd have to do everything and I'm trying to make LEF take less time or my time, not more.

Click on 'Regional Groups' at the top of this screen, then click 'manage group' then 'member management'. It's pretty self explanatory when you think about it.

Can LooseCannon and DanR please accept my invitation to join NEEG and LEF Australia respectively as I believe you are the area co-ordinators.

If I don't hear back, I'll close the groups down or find an alternative person to administer the group.

Evora NA

It's pretty self explanatory when you think about it.

You see bibs that sthe problem right there! I don't have the capacity to think about it!! Just tell me hwat to do and i will do it - that the way i like things

It wouldn't as then I'd have to do everything and I'm trying to make LEF take less time or my time, not more.

What Goldie Looking Chain taking up most of your time

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!