free hit
counters
Pleasure or Pain - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rogerch

Pleasure or Pain

I have no love for Mosely, but his private life should be private, and if he's into this type of thing then that's his business.

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Mosley represents everything that is bad about the British aristocracy. His arrogance in believing he can remain in office is testament to that.

He has never been impartial, go as far back as the Benetton pit fire. I

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I agree Roger, with anyone else, I really couldn't careless what they get up to and I had no problems with Bill Clinton running off with his intern, good on him.

But what it really comes down too is Mosley's autocratic, uncompromising style has slowly ruined F1 and the sooner he goes the better. And any excuss to get rid of him!

Mosley represents everything that is bad about the British aristocracy. His arrogance in believing he can remain in office is testament to that.

Well the crown prince has told him that he is persona non gratia in Bahrain and NOT to turn up:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/for...icle3671084.ece

No doubt the PR departments of the major manufacturers involved in F1 are evaluating what their respones will be.

I imagine that the Japanese corporate 'face' and lifestyle ethic will result in the likes of Honda, Toyota et al looking to distance themselves are far as possible.

"The content of the publications is disgraceful. As a company, we strongly distance ourselves from it. This incident concerns Max Mosley both personally and as President of the FIA, the global umbrella organisation for motoring clubs. Its consequences therefore extend far beyond the motor sport industry. We await a response from the relevant FIA bodies."

Didnt expect the Japanese to be first, but expect a response very soon.....

I can't help it, I'm just bad.

161307.jpg

Roger :D

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Yes I

Well I think if this quote from newsnow is true he has just nailed his coffin well and truely shut.

"It has emerged that after the publication a letter from the Crown Prince of Bahrain telling Mosley not to come to the grand prix, a furious Mosley called Ecclestone, shouted abuse down the phone about the Gulf Kingdom and said he did not want to go there again. Unknown to him, Ecclestone took the call sitting next to the Crown Prince, who is thought to have heard everything. Mosley rang the Bahraini ruler to apologise. "

My principle objection to this sleazy wart, is that he beleives he is a superior being due to birth right. That he is above the law, unlike us common working class riif raf.

I am facinated to see what his next move will be, if I reed his chareter correctly, he will not go easily, and when pushed will seek to take as many with him as possible, this is Burnie's problem, and why, when not known for his diplomacy, he is sitting on the fence, Max doesn't just know where the bodies are, he knows where the graveyard is, and he has the map!

Roger :P

I know I,m going to regret asking this, but what is BDSM ??????????????????????. :P

lady esprit drivers do it fast and furious

fahr03.gif 1st lieutenant to the Fearless red squadron

Oh....erm I had to look this up...... :P:P

Bondage, Discipline, Sadism, Masochism.

Some would also say, Bondage, Dominance & Submission, Sado-Masochism :(

This is what Google says:

BDSM stands for Bondage and Discipline, Domination and submission, and Sadism and Masochism. BDSM is about having fun, expanding limits, going on journeys.....

[i think they should add....If you like having the crap beaten out of you.....]

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Doesn't matter whether it was legal or not, private or not, it's now in the public domain and is interfering with his ability to do his job. The President of the FIA is a position of authority and this story and the lack of denial has seriously undermined his authority and thus his ability to do his job. It also shows extreme bad judgement and I would think someone in his position is always called upon to use his judgement.

He either needs to prove it wasn't him or he needs to go. I'm not sure that whoever would succeed him would be any better but they would be able to restore some respect for the presidency.

Bill Clinton should have resigned or been impeached more because he twisted words and didn't have the strength to admit what he did.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Mr Justice Eady said that Mr Mosley no longer had a reasonable expectation of privacy because the content of the video was now "widely familiar".

As a result, he said, there was no point granting the injunction against the 90-second clip.

"The dam has effectively burst," he added.

Isn't justice a wounderful thing. :o

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Looks like there are more people "into the scene" than I anticipated!! A very strange and unexpected decision.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

There were two choices on the table today, vote Mosley out or the FIA, it appears they have taken the second option, Germany leads the way, looks like the US may well follow, go Damon take the BRDC too, there will now be a split, something we didn't need, but maybe in time we will see some sensible rules return to F1

Mosley is bad news and has been for most of his term in office, a despicable arrogant egotistical twit.

Roger

So, the result I expected. The result was that Private is private and he deserves privacy in his life as much as the next man, despite being in the public life. The statement I agree with and if it was a pop star or sports man then it's fine.

It's not to say I agree with the decision, infact quite the opposite as he runs a huge organisation where his integrity effects not only racing but the whole Motor Industry.

It just goes to show that the FIA is as corrupt as everyone thought it was. The insider interviewed said Moseley appealed to their "Better side" and said that if he wasn't there then they wouldn't enjoy the benefits they do now or the "rewards" they do. In other words vote for me or you lose all the back handers, trips all over the world and being over paid. Corruption rules F1, we thought we knew it and now we know it does.

Looking forward to see how he gets the teams on his side. Ferrari would be anyway as he protects them all the time, but the rest??????/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

In other words vote for me or you lose all the back handers, trips all over the world and being over paid. Corruption rules F1, we thought we knew it and now we know it does.

It looks like ADAC has already walked away.

Van Woerkom also said that it was normal that the clubs getting money from the FIA voted in favour of Mosley, although he denied there was corruption involved.

I honestly hope that the FIA now goes into a self-destructive meltdown :devil:

F1 has been on the down hill for a few years now really. The over regulation, the politics, the driver aids... etc etc... I watched Monaco becuse I am a sucker for Monaco. I'd love to go one day. However, at the rate Bernnie is going, I am sure he will drop it for Crapackistan or some other place that has as much history with auto racing as the Marianas trench...

Thank the car gods for ALMS!

Cameron

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

Whats ALMS?

Dare I suggest we all have our own sado-masochistic traits - being Lotus owners that is....!

Definition of a true sado-masochistic relationship, The slave says, 'Beat me Beat' to which the Master says in a cruel voice, 'NO'...

Lotus owner turns key, instructing car to work properly, car refuses to work properly...

:devil:

Jeff

ALMS = American Le Mans Series ?

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein