free hit
counters
V8 Mono block alloys will they fit 1995 S4 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
waynef

V8 Mono block alloys will they fit 1995 S4

Has anyone put the V8 Monos on a S4.

If so will they hit the wheel arches?

Need to know as looking at purchasing a set for my car this week, and need to know if I will be facing body shop charges to modify the arches?

Waynef

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes, some V8 wheels scrub slightly on full lock but oher than that, no problems.

Dave

Yes, they will rub the rear of the front wheel arch, but it won't be bad. After a while, they'll stop rubbing as the material wears away. The easiest solution would be to put lower profile front tires on them, but I haven't found anybody who has tried this yet.

I believe that rubbing wheel on arches is an MOT failure so bear that in mind.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hmm,

when I had my original Eagles on the S4 std wheels, with the 20mm wheel spacers, they did scrub on full lock. Now with the next gen Eagle F1 same size, they do not scrub anymore... :smoke:

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg