free hit
counters
B.O.V. on s4 - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

hello everyone. good to meet a few of you at Donnington. well i have fitted a blow off valve / dump valve on my s4, great bit of kit and well worth getting makes the turbo lag dissappear in between gears and inproves the driving experiance ( well i think so) thanks to superdave for supplying a great kit. its fitted with the catch tank and piped back into the air filter housing. easy to fit, but had a bit of re-routing and trimming / extending pipes to the catch tank. very quiet and no drama well worth doing. will post a few oics when i get some time

all the best

Pete

It's Oogies turn to boogie

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Glad you're happy with it Pete. Post some pics as soon as you've taken some please!

Many thanks,

Dave Walters

hello everyone.

attached pic of the fitted BOV on my s4, just need to do a little bitof tidying. one thing i did notice is that etheengine cover was being pressed onto the hose with the BOV attached to (T hose), this was not be seen when the engine cover was placed on and checked as it looked like there was more than enough room for boot closure, after looking at the grooving i decided to trim the engine cover slightly to allow for the boot closing and any possible engine movement that may also have contribuited to the rubbing between the T hose and engine cover. also on teh install i had to trim the long red hose a couple of inches, this is due to the pipes on the catch tank. as the Tpiece for the air filter was put on at an angle to enable the looping of the hose to go onto teh catch tank without fowling the dipstick.

hope this helps . great bit of kit.

all the best

It's Oogies turn to boogie

Does this relly make a difference to turbo lag? Mine suffers from quite alot of lag for such a small turbo but i don't really want the noise of a bov. The last 4 cars i've had have all had bov's and i couldn't really tell the difference apart from noise.

Edited by davegtst

Dave,

Pete has a recirculating one so there's no noise and less lag.

Dave Walters

Nice tidy install there Peter.

Well done to you and Dave the Legend Walters.

As for lag... there is some reduction i believe by installing a bov and as said recirculating keeps the noise down if that's what you want to do - i have had the HKS SSQV Mk2 installed and recirculated to airbox - yet to try it. But, lag needs addressing in other ways...i have tried to do this quite successfully...it's all about off boost power if i am right, so think about induction, exhaust, cam profile, timing, injectors and ecu code chip that way you can alleviate or smooth out the lag. You could change your turbo...but that's a different world...

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

I think the valve reduces lag also. Being re-circulating you don't know its there, so the noise isn't giving a psychological effect as may be perceived with an open to atmosphere valve.

(That got my spell checker working overtime)

Edited by russellbosier

Does anybody know where I can get the Samco hose? I already have a BOV from my last car, but I've been having a hard time finding the T hose in the States. There's a guy selling a similar product on ebay, but his feedback is awful...

Any ideas?