free hit
counters
spoiler - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Nice spoiler,butt ugly car though.I think it's one of Chrysler's worst ideas,the thought of claiming the name of a two door car and making it a 4-door,and the styling ,well butt ugly is all that comes to mind.Great looking spoiler ,,,on something else! LOL.

Car Lover,,at least thats how the report read.

i found the spoiler on eflay for 78$ . . . crazy . . .it is molded hard plastic reenforced with kevlar . . . lighter than fiber and stronger, no cracking . . . i am so tempted to buy it just for the heck of it. I was impressed how closely it fit my car when i was beside this car. The size, shape and such was a dead on match to the v8 model . . . the spacing on the hatch was even a match for the hatch on the lotus . . . I am going to buy one and check it out . . .

They've just released that car over here as the "Avenger". Very funny as someone hasn't done his homework and realised that that name was used on a Hillman.

197020Hillman20Avenger.jpg

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Definitely not as tall as a V8 spoiler.....looks to be about the height of the 93 / x-180r spoiler. If the width is right might look real nice. Narrower or too wide and I think it might look weird on an Esprit.

Expect either way to lose some of your rear vision with that.

i agree i think it is about 2 inches shorter from what I have seen and the blade is just a bit narrower . . . I am not sure i even want a spoiler but for 78$ plus shipping of 20$ . . . I could use it as a strong shelf if I do not like it . . . I will post some pics when I test fit it . . . Oh and they contacted me and I gave them the lotus paint code from my black, they cross referenced it and painted it for that cost as well . . .unreal. . .

pictures of the unit i purchased to try . . .

it may look small . . but this is a big as___ car . . . 4 door big long tall car . . .so the spoiler was huge when setting next to my esprit . . .and adding a little height would be a simple matter for a shop close to the house that does fiber work . . . and considering i could buy 10 of these for the price of 1 lotus version . . .hmmm . . . i think i willt ry it . .

post-4009-1207432848.jpg

post-4009-1207432858.jpg

I think the height looks good....never a fan of the V8 wing...a little high for my taste (but you maintain some rear vision). That the spoiler comes painted is amazing....they must be getting them dirt cheap to make any money off of them.

Are you going to mount it to the hatch, or the rear transom? If it is going on the hatch, you may need to upgrade the hatch struts....having the hatch come down on your head is something you'll never forget (pun intended).

I am very curios to see how this works out as I am in the market for a V8 like wing myself. I was hunting around the Porsche after market catalogs and liked some of their GT2 and GT3 wings, but they are about as expensive as the stock Lotus one.

Unless you fit a factory spoiler, it's always going to look 'aftermarket'.

Personally, unless I could find an original Lotus item, I'd not bother with a spoiler at all.. I got a '350 one, as you can see from my avatar.

Also, looking at the spoiler in question.. you're going to have to mount it on the actual hatch, due to the location of the struts. This means it will have to sit fairly forward, and possibly either foul the buttress area, or just look a bit daft.

These spoilers were designed for regular cars, not the Esprit, so I think you'll struggle to make it look half decent.

I'm sure there are people doing Fibre glass copies of original Lotus items for a fraction of the price?

My favourite spoiler, after the Sport 350 one of course, is single piece wrapover one they fitted to the early V8's.. although I gather it made access to the boot a bit of a pain!

Edited by Glyn Harper

YES!!! I am sending pics in . . . recieved the spoiler in 3 days, painted, with mounting hardware for 78$ plus shipping . . . came out less than 100$ total . . . IT FITS PERFECT . . . the swept forward wing, meets in EXACTLY the same spot as the Sport 300 wing. The nice thing is the mounting plinths line up with the boot lid, so I can mount it to the lid, and have the look of the swept sport 300 wing . . . will all do respect to all those V8 guys out there, I think the V8 wing looks a bit aftermarket, lets match lambo look . . .and the spoiler that sits on stilts . . .there has never been a part, that i have seen, in my life, on any car, that looks more aftermarket than that . . . I mean come on, it is a wing mounted on metal stilts . . . if you live in the US you see 1000 of these spoilers a day on little asian cars . . . anyone can buy one. I will send pics of this one. I just sat it on the car and it looks better than the stock unit. The only issue I see now are the larger boot shocks and I have to modify the plinths a bit to shave a bit off to move it as far back as I like. It fits like factory . . . the pictures will prove my point . . . Thanks

p.s. it weighs almost nothing . . made of plastic and kevlar . .will not dent . . .

Edited by CBrownstead

YES!!! I am sending pics in . . . recieved the spoiler in 3 days, painted, with mounting hardware for 78$ plus shipping . . . came out less than 100$ total . . . IT FITS PERFECT . . . the swept forward wing, meets in EXACTLY the same spot as the Sport 300 wing. The nice thing is the mounting plinths line up with the boot lid, so I can mount it to the lid, and have the look of the swept sport 300 wing . . . will all do respect to all those V8 guys out there, I think the V8 wing looks a bit aftermarket, lets match lambo look . . .and the spoiler that sits on stilts . . .there has never been a part, that i have seen, in my life, on any car, that looks more aftermarket than that . . . I mean come on, it is a wing mounted on metal stilts . . . if you live in the US you see 1000 of these spoilers a day on little asian cars . . . anyone can buy one. The stilts look cheap and aftermarket to the max. I will send pics of this one. I just sat it on the car and it looks better than the stock unit. The only issue I see now are the larger boot shocks and I have to modify the plinths a bit to shave a bit off to move it as far back as I like. It fits like factory . . . the pictures will prove my point . . . Thanks

p.s. it weighs almost nothing . . made of plastic and kevlar . .will not dent . . .

Sweet! Now I really want to see what it looks like! Make sure you post up those pics ASAP! :o

sorry forum wont let me add any more pics . . . not even in a new topic . . . just keeps saying there are already 800k of attachments. . . . the system says 0 attachments but 815k used of 1000k available . . . even when i start a new topic . . .seems to be a bug . . .

Edited by CBrownstead

Looks pretty good. I would like something with a bit more presence on my car, but you can't beat that for $100!