free hit
counters
Bought One. Gulp! - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Road Stone

Bought One. Gulp!

G'day All,

Well, I have done the usual thing and jump in feet and chin first. Have bought a late 1988 turbo, in "concorse condition" and documented service history.

Bright banana yellow (Norfolk Mustard), my favorite colour.

Are they any good?

Cheers, Jerry

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Jerry,

Welcome to the forum! Great news on your purchase, when do we get to see pictures of your Esprit?

Dave Walters

Hi Jerry,

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will not be disappointed with it. Nice colour by the way :D

Guest Antiques

GOOD LUCK WITH IT AND YOU BOUGHT IT AT A GREAT TIME OF YEAR ,James/Antiques

Are they any good, are they any good, they're better than good, one of the truly great cars of automotive history, NASA material, stick like *!*! to a blanket, manufactured by the greatest sports car manufacturer in the world, *!! all over you Ferrari or Porker.

And I may say remarkably comfortable, like women can be a little temperamental, but we can forgive them that. Good decision, you bought the best!

Roger

Edited by Roger Harris

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Welcome to ownership Jerry. Enjoy every drive.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Good find! Need Photos!

I love the 88'. That is what I ended up with after a search of sorts. A little "cleaner" looking than the later models as the ducts and such on the front end are absent. You will enjoy it I am sure!

Cameron

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

excellent great stuff. Post up some piccies please and add them

here

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=4241

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Well, I have done the usual thing and jump in feet and chin first. Have bought a late 1988 turbo, in "concorse condition" and documented service history.

Are they any good?

No Jerry, they aren't. I'd recommend posting me the keys, I'll take it off your hands and dispose of it carefully for a small fee.

:lol:

Dave Everett

HI

Thanks for all the positive comments. I'll get a picie up in the next day or so as I am travelling at the mo,

Cheers

Jerry