free hit
counters
Expansion Tank Removal - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Setras

Expansion Tank Removal

I need to removed the expansion tank to replaced the dripping one. where are the other end of the bolts? Have difficulty getting the car high enough to look from underneath and I couldn't find any access from the top.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
I need to removed the expansion tank to replaced the dripping one. where are the other end of the bolts? Have difficulty getting the car high enough to look from underneath and I couldn't find any access from the top.

Eddie,

There's some info on LEW Here. Basically I think you'll have to un-bolt the boot floor to slide it forward enough to get at the bolts holding the tank on. If you need to disconnect the wiring I think the connectors are hidden behind the air box or just remove the shelf that runs under the right hand rear window.

Martyn.

Eddie,

There's some info on LEW Here. Basically I think you'll have to un-bolt the boot floor to slide it forward enough to get at the bolts holding the tank on. If you need to disconnect the wiring I think the connectors are hidden behind the air box or just remove the shelf that runs under the right hand rear window.

Martyn.

Thanks Martyn. That should help me out in the morning :lol:

Hi Eddie

Did mine recently, so if it's any use...

Remove electrics cover. Unbolt floor and move it aft taking note of any electrical connections you may need to disturb. Remove tank hose connections (best to do the bottom one after lifting the tank though). Access to the 3 securing nuts is from above, not below, to the right of the tank - quite tight, I kept a magnet handy - very useful if you drop a nut or washer! Release tank gently, disconnect 2 spade connectors (one earth, one low coolant sensor) from the lower part of the tank, release bottom hose. Job done! Refitting is a reverse of removal, yadda yadda.

Have fun :lol:

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

If you don't already have them, buy a set of ratchet spanners, you'll see why when you get to it, I think they are a must for any Esprit owner. Good set mind you, fine ratchet and slim suround.

Then ask yourself why in who ever's name they couldn't have put the bolts through the back/boot panel!

Roger :lol:

Edited by Roger Harris

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)