free hit
counters
metal water pipe at back of engine bay, where does it mount to - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mr.oogieboogie

metal water pipe at back of engine bay, where does it mount to

hello everyone, what holds up the large metal water pipe (airfilter side) as i have a couple of tiewraps doing this job at the moment. i removed the ones that were there (po must have put them on) but on driving it was vibrating possibly on the alternator caseing. if any one has a pic that would be great otherwise i will look at mounting it in another way, possibly attaching an arm of somesort and mounting on the bracket where the silver cannister sits.

all the best

It's Oogies turn to boogie

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Peter,

Don't you have the workshop manual and the parts lists with the "explosion diagrams" ???

If not, just send me a PM.

Cheers

Marcus

hello everyone, what holds up the large metal water pipe (airfilter side) as i have a couple of tiewraps doing this job at the moment. i removed the ones that were there (po must have put them on) but on driving it was vibrating possibly on the alternator caseing. if any one has a pic that would be great otherwise i will look at mounting it in another way, possibly attaching an arm of somesort and mounting on the bracket where the silver cannister sits.

all the best

Marcus

It needs to be loose I think, because the engine rocks about. If it is rattling, you could loosely cable tie it out of the way.. but make sure that you do not tie it up too tight or you risk damaging the rubber hoses as the engine rocks about.

There is a fixing bracket that should be located at the bottom of the water pipe attached to the chassis. The pipe is secured to the bracket using a plastic zip tie or hose clamp. Any movement by the engine is compensated for in the rubber hose that connects the water pipe to the thermostat housing.

It is item #5 on page 46.01A of the 93-97 parts manual.

1995 S4s