free hit
counters
GT3 Low Boost - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Hi everyone,

I've just installed a chip #10 on my GT3. Took it out for about 15miles of 'average' driving then decided to try WOT. To my dissmay, the boost gauge only showed about 0.8 Bar of boost?? Is there a 'run-in' period or something that is programmed into the chip to hold off full boost for a while??

It was hitting 1 Bar before the replaced the chip.

Thank you!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

What temp are you running at? perhaps your not running hot enough to hit max boost? It may be that your mechanical wastegate setting is 0.8 bar and that's why you're hitting higher than you should cold.

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

The new chip can take some time to learn all it's parameters needed to allow full boost to be achieved - I would just go and drive it some more, at least 3X the distance you have already done!

Phil

98GT3

Thanks chaps, temp seems fine. I'll go drive it up and down the motorway for a bit and hope it learns a bit quicker as I am impatient :welcome: lol.

Thanks again. Fingers crossed!

Luke,

Thats very strange !!!

Of course it needs some learning, but this usually does not affect max boost in a way that it only gets to 0,8 bar.

..... hmmmmmmmmmmm

Marcus

Hi everyone,

I've just installed a chip #10 on my GT3. Took it out for about 15miles of 'average' driving then decided to try WOT. To my dissmay, the boost gauge only showed about 0.8 Bar of boost?? Is there a 'run-in' period or something that is programmed into the chip to hold off full boost for a while??

It was hitting 1 Bar before the replaced the chip.

Thank you!

Marcus