free hit
counters
Boost gauge alternatives S4s - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Günter

Boost gauge alternatives S4s

Hey,

a friend of mine just searches informations about boost-gauges. He wants an other [Lotus-] boost gauge. It should be the version with an scale up to 1.2 [or 1.3] bar, and strictly as an electronic version. He don't likes to add a plastic pipe across the whole car.. ;-)

So is there an different version from Lotus used in an car ? I think his car is "light tuned" and he like to read the real boost data on the autobahn !

So what is used in the S4/S4s-versions. Where can he get one from an other version, that fits into the S4s interior?

Thanks!

G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

From memory (so happy to be corrected) the SE, S4, S4s, S300 and GT3 all boosted the same and carried the same boost gauge up to 1bar. Maximum boost is 0.85 bar, the engine would only 'over boost' to a bar, so extra wasn't needed.

You might find a gauge that looks very similar to the Lotus one that'll fit in the 52mm hole. Demon Tweek carry plenty of dials.

DemonTweeks/Gauge Menu

kato

lew_small.gif

http://www.lotusespritworld.com' target='_blank'>

S300 boosts to 1.2 bar and I think the S4 boosts a little less than the others.

My gauge goes up to 1.2 bar in the SE.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

i guess that is why the friend wants to have an more exact instrument. His car is nice and shiny, and "light" tuned ;-)

But what is the right instrument, or do they all work electronically. He don't want to have an mechanical with plastic pipe, but it should fit into the S4s instrument size/design.

Hi Gunter. There were Lotus boost gauges (VDO) available in the "Lotus" parts sale IIRC. The gauge size is 52mm. I am not sure if all of the associated hardware is available. If you have a browse through the parts lists on LEW it will identify what your friend requires.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

thanks Paul, i will give him a notice about that!

PS. nice fleet B)