free hit
counters
Number for K&N filter - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MattCern

Number for K&N filter

I just got my car out of winter storage and want to to a few modifications to it after reading about them on the forum. I want to do the ram air conversion, looks simple enough, and also want to change to a K&N air filter. Does anyone have a number for a filter that would work or can be modified to work on a S4s. I spoke with a tech from K&N and he says that don't currently have a size for that. Mine measures about 5 1/4" by 16 1/2". Any help is appreciated.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks for the replys. I found one here in the states from JAE. They seem like a nice shop to deal with. I'll let you know if I notice a difference with the ram air and K&N filter.

I finished the ram air conversion and installed the new K&N air filter, wow! what a differance. The sound is incredible even under mild acceleration and under full throttle it's pretty wild. Is that the wastegate I hear fluttering when I let off the throttle?The ram air conversion was a little tough due to the air induction pipes not being very flexible. It was like wrestling a 400 pound gorilla to get the pipes off and on. I tried to buy some new hose that was more flexible but could not find the right size, so I cut down the long hose to fit. I heated it up in the oven for a short time to make the rubber more flexible and it seemed to help. I don't take the car out in the rain, so I'm not to worried about moisture building up in the filter box. We had a great week of weather here in Ohio so it was great to have the car back out.