free hit
counters
Wheel refurb? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Iain

Wheel refurb?

Any recommendations on companies in, around, or relatively near to West Oxfordshire for wheel refurbishment?

DPO had curbed front rims a little - plus they are the only real external flaw now...

Mind ewe - I've had the car for 11 years with curbed rims - I guess I just can't take it any more! :welcome:

Any suggestions?

Iain

"... the Lotus Turbo (Esprit) owner will not only be comfortable in fast company, but will find, more often than not, that he has no company at all!" Road and Track magazine

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' Featured in Classic and Sportscar Aug 2008 and Wheeler Dealers.

1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 221,000 miles and counting!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Have you tried Revive in Banbury, I think they come to you, mobile workshop kind of thing, a friend of mine had hers done while her Husband was overseas

Nowhere near but BJV are damn good.

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Hi Iain. Attached (hopefully are pictures of my wheels that I refurbed myself) I appreciate they are OZ but it was to show that if you want rims polished and paint centres yourself it's not that difficult. I prepared centres first for painting i.e rubbed them down, then used the grinding wheel on my disc cutter to take out the worse of the kerbing then smoothed the course finish with finer grades of wet and dry. I then took wheels to polishers on the New Yatt industrial estate near Witney, sorry can't remember their name but am sure they are in yellow pages. They charged me

post-3319-1208109948.jpg

post-3319-1208110983.jpg

Edited by Hants34