free hit
counters
Oil Pressure - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rogerch

Oil Pressure

I have great oil pressure, the moment I turn the ignition on, don't even have to start it ! the neddle goes right up to the stop!

It's an electrical problem, a lecacy of pulling half engingr bay out to get to the starter motor, and the distributor. The conectors to the oil sender were a bit tatty, so put new ones on, (a real crimper) I have subsequently tried them both ways round, same result.

I have a strange lead, going no where, I can't recall if it was just hanging before, but it is a dark yellow and brown, it carries 12v with the ignition on, and is hanging from a lomb that the rest goes just under the plenum.

Any one know what that is, or can you through any light on my optomistive oil pressure gauge.

Roger ^_^

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Roger

I had the same problem with mine last week! Changed the oil & filter, switched on the ignition, and the gauge shot off the scale. Finally found a spade off the oil pressure sensor - must have disturbed it when I spun the filter. With the cable off, the needle shoots to the top.

Silly question, I know, but are you sure the same leads as before are on? Alternatively, maybe one of your crimps isn't making contact?

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

I had the same problem with mine last week! Changed the oil & filter, switched on the ignition, and the gauge shot off the scale. Finally found a spade off the oil pressure sensor - must have disturbed it when I spun the filter. With the cable off, the needle shoots to the top.

Silly question, I know, but are you sure the same leads as before are on? Alternatively, maybe one of your crimps isn't making contact?

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

No problem mate - nice to be able to help for once!

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

Hello i have a GT3 and no gauges to see what is going on exactly.

When the car is well warmed up i get an oil pressure trembling light on when I'm into 1st gear and letting the clutch pedal off.

Also when i put and let the second gear.

Then OK while I'm speeding. This started from nowhere 2 weeks ago.

I have a small (very small) oil leak from cam cover 8 months now.

I have 112.000 km done and new oil filter and oils (10W/40) which is not good for Greece but this is what i was always using.

Does any one know what is all about?

I have and another oil leak somewhere from injector to coolant temperature sensor.

I have to remove the chargecooler to tell more. Any ideas there also?

Minos

post-192-1208449182.jpg

post-192-1208449194.jpg

Edited by mm7770