free hit
counters
Cobra Alarm (model 7777) questions - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Iconic Ride

Cobra Alarm (model 7777) questions

"Stream of consciousness" questions---hopefully related to one another, if not logically ordered. What is the second smaller button on the Cobra key fob for? Have read something about a "reset" if it and the larger button (the one I assume is the "normal" usage button and the only one I've pressed to date) are pressed simultaneously for 20 seconds. If so, what exactly is a "reset" (like a PC "reboot" perhaps?), and under what circumstances would it become necessary? Does normal usage (unlock, relock doors, and imobiliser disabling) use a "rolling code" each time, or is that what a reset does? When first entering the car, if I don't feel like reaching over each time to manually lock the passenger side door (since later model V8's apparently don't have the "central locking" feature of the Driver's side manual usage causing electric locking/unlocking of the pax door) and elect to use the fob button, have I "deadbolt locked" myself in the car? (the manual seems to imply this) Haven't had the nerve to try this yet. What is the purpose of the "stick" attached to the key ring that I used to use to (before training myself to use the fob itself) to disable the imobiliser (by touching it to the "contact" on the center console) Perhaps as a backup to the fob in the event of fob battery depletion? And along those lines, how difficult it it to change the fob battery when the time comes? Is it lithium, I hope? Does the stick have a battery as well? Concerning the imobiliser itself, does it cut off both ignition AND fuel, and if so, how. Being still new to the car I am fairly "methodical" about ensconcing myself (seat adjustment, switch positions, sunshade stowing, etc.---it's the "pilot" in me, just can't help it), and rarely "beat the timer". Exactly how long does one have? (guess I could always time it myself, but it's so much more fun to rattle everyone's cages on the forum--just kidding).

Thanks,

John

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

long questions-short answers: small button is for your dog! ^_^ In case you want to let it Sit inside. So it is necessary to disable the microwave passenger/driver-compartment sensoring. Doors are locket, immobilizer is armed- just motion inside is allowed! Sender uses a 3V-lithium battery (like many other electronics, calculators or key senders...) . The small tube is for manual disarming of the start immobilizer, in case you have used the ordinary key to lock the doors -and the ignition/start immobilizer was activated automatically after some time without key in start position. You can search: key fob in this board, i guess there is all information included in that topic.... .

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

[quote name='G

Edited by Iconic Ride

yea, i know -sometimes I'm a smart asshole ;-)

But the owners manual notice that you should not forgot to press the small button if you have a dog or child (for example in a child seat) inside. -But anyway, who would let a child sit alone in a parked car ?! Other mysterious point is the recommendation for some child seat manufacturers , who are approved to fit into a Esprit. I guess those types are so old -they don't exist anymore :-))

Edited by G

Would it also turn off the motion sensors so that the alarm doesn't keep sounding when on a ferry/recovery truck?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I've never heard that the late Esprit had an "motion" / "car in neutral-level" sensoring?! I have taught there is only the compartment sensing, and the start/ignition immobilizer -together with the door lock option. Have seen several of the light weight Elise's with steady horn-sound, but that was mostly a users-fault . The Elise door lock seems to be more "tricky" ?!

I know. Let's all go out to our Esprits and shake 'em around a bit (while off, and parked) and see what happens! We'll "run a poll" later.

Gunter, "nothin' doing" on a forum "search" for "fobs", "key fobs", even "alarm system". Any other suggestions? (maybe I need a crash course in Boolian Logic procedures?)

Incidentally, Edmunds.com (I think that's the site) says the only two "recalls" on the Esprit (for the V8's at least) was for "no airbag warning sticker on sunvisor" and "no lap belt locking feature to restrain child seat". Did the original seatbelts not have inertial locks?

John

As far as i know, the Esprit does have the big-size US Airbags [GM type], next time i can look closer and see if there is any wiring [i don't mean the belt lock warning lamp wiring..!] for the belt mechanic internals. Some type of 'pyrotechnical'-belt tensioner.. . But one thing is a fact: the Esprit with all his internals was designed and is a conception from pre-*ISOFIX* seat system age!