free hit
counters
Esprit se? - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are lots of tell tale signs Chema. Can you post up the odd picture of your SE and we should be able to tell.

Welcome to the Forum.

Ian

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

The Chargecooler is a giveaway to be fair, post some pics up and we'll be able to see.

Also, take a peek at http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EModels/SE.html for some hints on what an SE should be like!

Welcome to LEF :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Just from your Avatar shot, it shows the SE wing, SE rear wheels and SE front vent on front skirts. No guarantee but looks positive.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Welcome.

2nd what Ian said.

Small red thing in engine bay with CHARGECOOLER written on it and a sort of (butterfly chattering) noise between gear changes and a feeling of speed together with a glowing snail like thing after a spirited run should confirm...

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Yup, that most certainly looks like an SE to me, have you got any pics of the engine just to be 100% sure?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I've merged your threads together dude, no point discussing the same thing twice! :)

Evora NA

Lovely looking car, always like a cream interior, thanks for posting pictures.

Granada I am not familiar with at all. I make an annual pilgramage to Barcelona (best city in the world) and then drive on to the coast to L'Estartit. I have never seen an Esprit whilst in Spain, although I did see one Elise last year. Bet your car is attracting quite a bit of attention.

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

Hola, welcome to the forum Chema, enjoy your new car

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

I am from Spain and I want to give a greeting to all.

I have just bought one lotus esprit se and I want to ask I can know if it is really a se.

Sorry for my english!

Thank you.

Welcome :(

I'm sure it's an SE! Don't worry if you are missing the 'SE' on the side of the car,

i'm missing the 'Esprit' on mine, it fell off! Your dash shows a 'check engine' light

so it must have an ECU, so it must be an SE.

You have:

SE wheels.

SE sills.

SE front.

SE rear.

SE spoiler.

SE engine.

SE instruments.

SE interior.

A lot of cars are missing badges now as they become aged, also the small glass

behind the driver sometimes has no words on, or may be a replacement.

:)

Hola and welcome. Like Katie, i go to Spain alot and have never seen an Esprit. I bet you get lots of stares. I know parts are not easy to find in Spain, so if you need anything we have close ties with the factory and they can send stuff direct.

Just let us know.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Welcome :(

I'm sure it's an SE! Don't worry if you are missing the 'SE' on the side of the car,

i'm missing the 'Esprit' on mine, it fell off! Your dash shows a 'check engine' light

so it must have an ECU, so it must be an SE.

You have:

SE wheels.

SE sills.

SE front.

SE rear.

SE spoiler.

SE engine.

SE instruments.

SE interior.

A lot of cars are missing badges now as they become aged, also the small glass

behind the driver sometimes has no words on, or may be a replacement.

:thumbsup:

Ok, now I am happy!

I had a doubt!

Engine:

http://fotosupload.com/mostrar.php?imagen=...69_DSCN1697.JPG

Plate in the back door:

http://fotosupload.com/mostrar.php?imagen=...70_DSCN1696.JPG

Why in the plate does not "esprit se" write?

Lovely looking car, always like a cream interior, thanks for posting pictures.

Granada I am not familiar with at all. I make an annual pilgramage to Barcelona (best city in the world) and then drive on to the coast to L'Estartit. I have never seen an Esprit whilst in Spain, although I did see one Elise last year. Bet your car is attracting quite a bit of attention.

Sure!, in Spain there are very few esprits. Everybody looks at my car!

When I was a kid was my favorite car, and now I have fulfilled a dream! :smiling:

Barcelona is nice, but Granada is amazing! :)

Edited by chemasillero

Bienvenidos, Chema. I'm no expert on the newer models. To be honest, I'm no expert on any of the models so I can't help you but it looks like Paul has cleared things up. I just wanted to say welcome to the forum.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Hola and welcome. Like Katie, i go to Spain alot and have never seen an Esprit. I bet you get lots of stares. I know parts are not easy to find in Spain, so if you need anything we have close ties with the factory and they can send stuff direct.

Just let us know.

Ok. Thank you very much!

Why not, we normally do?

The car does look nice, I just hope for your sake the air conditioning works at 100% designed effect (or better).

Andy

Not quite, can repair the air?

• 1 month later...

Er, just spotted it is not an SE.

Okay okay I am only joking! Its an SE.

I am also a newbie to this forum and it is a great message board.

And I own a beautiful SE - 1991, just love it!

Also look forward to meeting some of the members this coming Saturday.

Gavman

Lotus Esprit Turbo Chargecooler SE 1991