free hit
counters
V8 Or not - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
daytona

V8 Or not

Hi, have been all excited about getting a 1999 V8 Esprit with under 30k a real minter.Thats why i have put my NA up for sale .Cant have two ,well i can but wife says i can't. My NA is great ,wife finds it a little heavy on steering,thats why i thought of a V8 which has power steering (Well thats what i told her)

So over the weekend i go to see the car again with cheque book in hand. (Car in North Devon,holiday home where the owner keeps the car)

Owner jumps in to take car out of garage ,turns the key .....starts engine ...then nasty sound ....think timing belt slipped. owners says "Oh dear" I say a few rude words and put my cheque book back in my pocket.

I am sure there are some great V8's and there owners love them.

But i dont think i want a V8 now.

Think it would be cheaper to swap the wife in. or just dont let her drive the NA.

Cheers Andrew

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I don

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

That can happen to ANY car which is left for long periods of time.

SE onwards has powersteering and S4 onwards have the curvy shape if its that which flicks your switch.

Would let it put you off.

I think it was S4 onward has powersteering, and proper finished body work lol

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

I second Toby's words, don't let this put you off. I've never heard this ahppen before on a V8. I've heard it happen on just about every other major brand car through contacts in the trade. Does this mean that it's not safe to buy any car now?

It was lucky the belt slipped before you bought it though...

David Walters