free hit
counters
AEG meeting May 6th 2008 - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
simonf

AEG meeting May 6th 2008

Its time to start arranging the meeting for may - its Norfolk so do we want to hold it at The Bird in Hand, Wrenningham again or shall we try somewhere else? I know the Eagle on the Newmarket Road is very good - but not much of a run for us Norwich Lefers! I am guessing that it would be best to keep the meeting somewhere on the south side so that those that drive from suffolk, essex and cambs can get straight on the appropriate roads home!

I also heard a whisper that the great MJK would possibly give us a speech - Tony can you see if you can arrange this (obviously no promises, but it would be absolutely fantastic if you could!!!) Maybe able to tempt a few lefers from further afield to come then!

Please confirm your attendance.

Simonf Food required

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

MJk will turn up assuming everything is ok and he's not in Malaysia.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

MJk will turn up assuming everything is ok and he's not in Malaysia.

Good work Mr K!

MJK eats for FREE! and you can get a lift home with him enabling you to get pissed - everyones a winner!!!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Erm, no he'll want a drink or 2, not me. <_<

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Hi,

Simon, you've got that wrong, the next AEG meet is Cambridge, the last meet before Suffolk was Nick's visit to the Bird in Hand, so it's definitely Cambridge next time around. The dates right, just wrong venue.

Owen.

Are you sure that you guys have started this thread early enough? May the 6th is only just 3 weeks away? LOL <_<

Now do you see why it needs to start so early?

I had wondered if that was the right part of the cycle, but due to my diary control issues I learn to never comment on dates, venues timing or anything such like.

Hi,

Simon, you've got that wrong, the next AEG meet is Cambridge, the last meet before Suffolk was Nick's visit to the Bird in Hand, so it's definitely Cambridge next time around. The dates right, just wrong venue.

Owen.

You couldnt make these threads up. AEG...... the mastercard of esprit groups......Priceless

Ah you see thats where you are all wrong!!! The next cambridge meeting was agreed to be Tobi's Bar-b-q you would know that if you had been on the suffolk meeting! Now its upto to tobi when she holds that, this month next month etc! :thumbup:

Actually thats Bull - i got thed dates wrong! Anyone got any suggestions for the Cambridge venue!

Best wishes

SiF

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Ancient Shepard it is then! List of attendees are as follows:-

Simon f Food required

Andy c Food required

Please feel free to add your names to the list if you wish to come!

Tony, unless your dad wants a little drive out to Cambridgeshire, we better hold fire until next month!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Hope to make it but it's a very busy time of year for me so can't guarantee.

Keep off the straight and narrow

Simon f Food required

Andy c Food required

Kimbers & Steve Food Required

Guys (and dolls) I'm bringing along Steve who is the guy organising the Community day in June. He wants to come along meet you all and tell you what it's all about, how we'll help raise money for the kids (and how we get to help promote AEG, LEF and Lotus).

ONLY 5 ATTENDANTS!

This will be the poorest showing from the mighty AEG to date! Come on guys there must be more of you waiting in the wings! We usually get a really good turn out for the Cambridgeshire meeting - just remember how good the food and hospitality is - not to mention the company!!! and the evenings are pulling out the weather is getting better, there is no excuse to leave your Esprit in the garage!!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Charles of Englandshire will attend!

Simon f - food required

Andy c - food required

Kimbers & Steve - food required

James - ditto

Brendan

Charlie - please feed

there is no excuse to leave your Esprit in the garage!!

Unless it has no engine, has a broker alternator, has a broken indicator stalk, has no fuel (MrK).

Did I miss any reasons?

I think the consensus has been to do my BBQ on a weekend date so I vote we retain the traditional 3-site rotation for now. I still owe the BBQ thread proposed dates for the do.

Simon f - food required

Andy c - food required

James - ditto

Brendan

Charlie - please feed

Tobi, (baby) (husband will probably be on his way to Spa) - food please

I tried to take my parents to the Ancient Shepherd on Monday and they were closed - maybe just a Monday thing.

6th May Fen Ditton, sounds good to me. Will need food to.

Assuming the M25 behaves I may even get home in time to get the Esprit.

Simon f - food required

Andy c - food required

James - ditto

Brendan - ditto

Charlie - ditto

Tobi - ditto

Ralph - ditto

-THATS MORE LIKE IT! :) -

I will get on the phone now to book! arrive at 7.30pm to eat for 8pm sound alright?

Booked!!

PS Andy, i am almost ready to put the thing back together! Once i have the flywheel done, pop the clutch together and on and i am ready to rock and roll! May need your help in working out where all the pipes and wires go though?

Very much looking forward to getting her back on the road! Then maybe someone will spot me!

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Quick roll call.

Confirmed attendees

Simon f - food required

Andy c - food required

James - ditto

Brendan - ditto

Charlie - ditto

Tobi - ditto

Ralph - ditto

Venue and times

Tuesday 6th May. Meet at 7:30, eat at 8:00pm

Ancient Shepherds

5 High Street

Fen Ditton

CAMBRIDGE

CB5 8ST

Parking - either in the car park (behind pub) or immediately in front on a very quiet, wide No Through Road.

Click here for map

Sign in to follow this