free hit
counters
Another issue . . .hmmm - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CBrownstead

Another issue . . .hmmm

I am sure someone has had this one before, she has been running well for a few weeks, so now issues . . . I started to hear this clicking noise from the engine bay, it is coming from the front right side of the engine, sounds like a relay. Only happens at low speed and when i am not on the brake. Real intermittant . . .click click click . . then nothing then it starts again. Is there a relay that controls warm up? I would suspect that . . .because the engine revs a bit when it clicks . .

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

is the problem with the 88 or the 94?

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

88 . . . and it is a relay in the middle of the 3 relays in the electronics box in the back boot . . . it just clicks and is hot as heck . . . my guess is that it is the warm up regulator . . . because the car is not going into high revs to warm up. It runs fine, just have to replace this thing I think . . . funny the 94 has had much fewer issues over the life of the car . . . and I have owned it longer . . .

Edited by CBrownstead

Damn.. i'm too slow at responding... was just about to tell you that the fuel pump relay is what it is... you're fuel pump is coming on and off... causing the rev-problem. mine got hot too... and i can't remember why... damn... i'll try and find the reason again..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

My issue was caused by the fact that the secondary positive wire was hooked up to the negative terminal of the battery by the previous owner. So, my thought is that you've either got a blown relay, minor short somewhere, or a blown fuel pump... I rebuilt the relay myself on mine.. it wasn't a whole lot of work... (mine had melted a bit and i had to do some soldering to the relay)

You say it ran fine for two weeks, I can't see what your complaining about. :D

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)