free hit
counters
V6 conversions - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
shortjedi

V6 conversions

I've been reading about Punkys jaguar 3.0 v6 conversion. I have to say what a fantastic job he's done, although a lot of work. Has anyone looked into fitting a renault V6? Wouldn't it fit straight onto the existing gearbox?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Certainly if you look at the Alpine A610. That had a 3 litre turbo version of the V6PRV engine and the UN-1 gearbox. Rated at 280 hp.

Seem to remember that the V6 block was quite wide across the heads though?

And don't forget the 400hp bi-turbo you can pull out of that engine.

You can google it as "Venturi 400GT".

Regards,

Peter

Edited by bosbon_be

The bell-housing on the UN-1 in the Esprit is special to Lotus so the PRV won't just bolt on.

You should be able to use a Renault bell-housing bolted to a UN-1 which would simplify things.

Also worth bearing in mind that if you get a Alpine V6/A610 gearbox then it won't work without mods as that car was rear engined, unless you want 5 reverse gears and only 1 forward.

Hilly

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

There was a guy I met at one of the South West Lotus Centre open days who arrived in a white G car (S3 or Turbo can't remember) who has installed a Turbo V6 inter-cooled Renault engine. Was damn impressive engineering. I think he said he was in the Navy.

Regards,

Peter.

I've been reading about Punkys jaguar 3.0 v6 conversion. I have to say what a fantastic job he's done, although a lot of work. Has anyone looked into fitting a Renault V6? Wouldn't it fit straight onto the existing gearbox?

Thanks for the replys, good info. Yes, they are a wide motor I think they are a 90 degree V. Is the later 24v (clio) engine any relation to the PRV?

There is a chap called Ash out there with an s3 with a Renault v6 turbo engine and box, he may even be a member of the forum. He has contacted me vi-er my Stevens v6 conversion article on LEW and i have his phone number if you want to speak to him. Just send me a personal message and i will forward it to you.

regards Nigel

The bell-housing on the UN-1 in the Esprit is special to Lotus so the PRV won't just bolt on.

You should be able to use a Renault bell-housing bolted to a UN-1 which would simplify things.

Also worth bearing in mind that if you get a Alpine V6/A610 gearbox then it won't work without mods as that car was rear engined, unless you want 5 reverse gears and only 1 forward.

Hilly

One of the virtues of the Renault g/box is that the crownwheel can be flipped.

On Monday I saw somebody who is fitting the 3 litre Laguna engine with turbo etc to his Alpine. So I guess that engine can also be fitted to the Esprit too.

DanR

with all the engine coversions going on im got to thinking...... either hillys been cloned or they are all his offspring!

EEEEEK!!!!!!

I hope not.

Hilly

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

You can also start with the Renault Safrane biturbo V6, 270hp standard. :ph34r:

would my Daimler Doubvle Six engine ( 6 L V12 , 318 HP standard, but automatic, duh ) not fit :lol: ???

Edited by bzguy

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -