free hit
counters
S1 Barn-find restoration - Page 8 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I've had an eventful few months since my last post! The first job on the car was to fit my remote fire extinguisher as I had seen or heard of, so many Esprits going up in smoke

"Will it never end" Were my first thoughts this morning when I opened my eyes and saw all the Esprit bits stored in our bedroom. The endless search for rare parts, the waiting for suppliers, the

I watched this restoration from two doors down, I still can't believe the speed or the standard of work (shame about the woolfies!! ) you have achieved Chap, the car is stunning (except the wheels)

Posted Images

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 09/10/2009 at 10:53, gbleaves said:

Hi Chaps,

How about sorting the reason for the bad 'fire hazard' !!

For my 'Two Cents' :rolleyes: I would recommend to fit some sort of Aluminium plate that attaches to the bottom studs of the inlet manifold, then runs down under the Dellortos (shaped to run off fuel) protecting the electrics area underneath?

The carbs have NO overflow pipe for the float chambers, nothing -(take a look at most Japanese Bike carbs they all have this!)

This will also have a positive side effect of keep 'heat soak' off the carbs - allowing easier starting when hot!

I was going to do this on my Lotus Eclat S2 Riviera - but changed to a fuel injected Esprit SE instead!

I am sure that lots of folks would appriciate a 'template' ?

BTW - I have a sheet of Aluminium intended to do this still - anyone interested?

Cheers

Steve :rofl: PS good job chap!!!

Steve,

Did you fit any fuel overflow protection to your Dellortos?

If so, how?

Cheers,

David.